Sign in to follow this  
Elkwalker44

Rutting 2020

My buddy in central AZ has been keeping notes of rutting behavior around his place for about 10 years.  Pre-rut becomes noticeable around Dec. 26 and rut is visibly strongest Jan-10-15.  Just talked to him yesterday and the does are still by themselves but the deer are becoming more visible.

been hunting hard coues aren't even thinking about it yet. a sad part about waiting for a December tag all the hype for 4ish days of rutting

• Like 2

Just now, 1denogean said:

been hunting hard coues aren't even thinking about it yet. a sad part about waiting for a December tag all the hype for 4ish days of rutting

I agree, I have had 3 late WT hunts and you can hardly call them rut hunts.  It's like you said, only on the very last few days you might see a little pre-rut activity.

Saw a really good buck last Sunday in Central AZ rutting pretty hard with 15 does. Made a stalk and got to 80yds and the does fed out below me and they winded me before I even saw him. Saw some small bucks that were not rutting also.

I saw 2 bucks 2 weeks ago full rut with about 6 does. Full strut chasing the does standing each other off. I was just above desert country and am really hoping they keep going until the first and that no one else finds them. 

• Like 1