loco4coues

Late October bucks!

Wow congrats!!  So what happen on the Lion shot??  From the heat waves it looked like no wind but you shot way right??

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, loco4coues said:

Thanks! 880 yards. 

.270, 150 gr Nosler LRAB

That's a great shot! I've taken several bucks with my .270, out to 400 yds. I bought a 6.5 PRC last year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

Wow congrats!!  So what happen on the Lion shot??  From the heat waves it looked like no wind but you shot way right??

Thanks! My dad was trying to get the lion. He actually took a couple more shots that also went right. There was no wind so I’m not sure what he had going on, haha. But the lion worked his way out of range before anyone else could get on him. So we went back to looking for deer. I actually found the lion again about 5 minutes before I found my buck the next day. 

1 minute ago, loco4coues said:

Thanks! My dad was trying to get the lion. He actually took a couple more shots that also went right. There was no wind so I’m not sure what he had going on, haha. But the lion worked his way out of range before anyone else could get on him. So we went back to looking for deer. I actually found the lion again about 5 minutes before I found my buck the next day. 

You had me on the edge of seat with that lion

• Thanks 1

Beautiful bucks...  congratulations.  Looks and sounds like a great multi generation hunt.  

FWIW... 

First shot impact on the second buck was low, basically hoof level, as called by the spotter.  NOT high, or anywhere even near over his back.  The only thing “high” was trace, which is expected by anyone who’s shot or spotted.  Even a little bit.  If you’re gonna shoot that far, practice further.  Some audible commentary in the video isn’t confidence inspiring as far as practice and familiarity with shooting the distances involved in the video.  Past around 400 yards, neither is a f’n 270 or 6.8 anything...  

8 hours ago, MattMan said:

Beautiful bucks...  congratulations.  Looks and sounds like a great multi generation hunt.  

FWIW... 

First shot impact on the second buck was low, basically hoof level, as called by the spotter.  NOT high, or anywhere even near over his back.  The only thing “high” was trace, which is expected by anyone who’s shot or spotted.  Even a little bit.  If you’re gonna shoot that far, practice further.  Some audible commentary in the video isn’t confidence inspiring as far as practice and familiarity with shooting the distances involved in the video.  Past around 400 yards, neither is a f’n 270 or 6.8 anything...  

Thanks for the comment. It’s not worth very much as you don’t know me or my experience level. That rifle/load combination has killed an elk at 1025, deer at 910, deer at 880, deer at 810, deer at 750, deer at 630 and countless deer and elk at 500 and in. That’s just the history of that rifle. I guess we are just super lucky. 

I do appreciate that you took the time to comment. Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas! 

Awesome! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your video.

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2020 at 2:40 PM, loco4coues said:

Unit 27, late October coues deer hunt. We packed in and filled 2 of 4 tags. I also killed my best buck yet! 

video is live on the tube (it’s a little long but I cut a lot out. 9 days out there is tough to condense):

5B84FB49-28A3-442A-AF6A-B0152F3B327D.thumb.jpeg.4603cf40112b9b42f31eab0544bcbec9.jpeg

FF3313B9-9E61-4857-9618-EC5329396CC6.thumb.jpeg.e4dbae53ee30492505a4512de99b3e4c.jpeg

F50DD005-7227-4964-8E8A-EC0C455BC178.thumb.jpeg.e0347606020a1ae72f3c6dff2899c7ab.jpeg

C2591FF3-646E-4F10-B612-A887635A3AB5.thumb.jpeg.12b137c86a14b6bdf799f23dd6013fa2.jpeg

Beauty! CONGRATS!!!

• Like 1