Team STO

Urgent need of Hornandy 6.5 Ammo for hunt

Instead of being like most and only posting when you need something, maybe stick around and give us a post-hunt story or add something once in a while. We don’t ask much around here, just something to keep our minds off the real world for a few minutes. 

• Like 6

this forum is a twisted family if you will, we give each other a rasher of crap at times, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty, we help each other.  Whether its helping find a wounded animal, recover a broken down vehicle, find ammo or components because you got caught off guard and have an up coming hunt, or buy and sell sometimes overly priced items, and in many other ways, we help each other.  Hang around, contribute, be it knowledge, stories of hunts or possibly help someone else out with the other ammo you mentioned in your very first post.  Don't roll in here like a carpet bagger, get what you need and leave.  

Good luck on the hunt in Texas, hope to see pictures

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cactusjack said:

this forum is a twisted family if you will, we give each other a rasher of crap at times, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty, we help each other.  Whether its helping find a wounded animal, recover a broken down vehicle, find ammo or components because you got caught off guard and have an up coming hunt, or buy and sell sometimes overly priced items, and in many other ways, we help each other.  Hang around, contribute, be it knowledge, stories of hunts or possibly help someone else out with the other ammo you mentioned in your very first post.  Don't roll in here like a carpet bagger, get what you need and leave.  

Or a Corn Bagger....don't be a Corn Bagger either....

Sorry....that was my favorite all time post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cactusjack said:

Yeah that sums us up pretty good spot on

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 7:49 PM, GreyGhost85 said:

Instead of being like most and only posting when you need something, maybe stick around and give us a post-hunt story or add something once in a while. We don’t ask much around here, just something to keep our minds off the real world for a few minutes. 

Honestly a friend told me to go to the classified section here to search for ammo and it paid off. Pics will follow after the trip. I am not a trophy hunter, just a guy who loves to teach the next generation. Taught hundreds of kids to fish through a club I ran and helped a dozen or so kids in the last three years harvest their first animal. I have only hunted about 6 years. It was not meant to be a hit and run but most chat boards tend to have very combative members I don’t have time for lol

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

Yeah that sums us up pretty good spot on

On 12/22/2020 at 5:33 AM, cactusjack said:

Honestly a friend told me to go to the classified section here to search for ammo and it paid off. Pics will follow after the trip. I am not a trophy hunter, just a guy who loves to teach the next generation. Taught hundreds of kids to fish through a club I ran and helped a dozen or so kids in the last three years harvest their first animal. I have only hunted about 6 years myself but have been blessed with great teachers. It was not meant to be a hit and run but most chat boards tend to have very combative members I don’t have time for lol. It is different if you know them I guess. I have to laugh at the corn bagger phrase I saw. I joked with my buddy in Texas about that because we have been hunting areas most don’t want to. Big country. He said that when in Rome do what the Romans do. Well we have hunted hard and earned the right to sit corn once lol 

• Like 3

On 12/20/2020 at 7:45 AM, Flatlander said:

Looks like you can hustle and grab a few right now online 

FYI bass pro is out, I checked but the others are in stock.

B5EE94DD-D6A4-4362-B5B6-5DFC0DDB4DC7.jpeg

Thx

2 minutes ago, Team STO said:

Honestly a friend told me to go to the classified section here to search for ammo and it paid off. Pics will follow after the trip. I am not a trophy hunter, just a guy who loves to teach the next generation. Taught hundreds of kids to fish through a club I ran and helped a dozen or so kids in the last three years harvest their first animal. I have only hunted about 6 years myself but have been blessed with great teachers. It was not meant to be a hit and run but most chat boards tend to have very combative members I don’t have time for lol. It is different if you know them I guess. I have to laugh at the corn bagger phrase I saw. I joked with my buddy in Texas about that because we have been hunting areas most don’t want to. Big country. He said that when in Rome do what the Romans do. Well we have hunted hard and earned the right to sit corn once lol 

Here it is mostly out of good fun.  We all have our specific likes and dislikes, but most will go out of their way to help.  I have had many face to face transactions on here and have yet to get burned.  This year I know of multiple hunts that have been saved due to sharing of ammunition and reloading components. Again, good luck and kill some big Texas deer and hogs.  Cant wait to see pics. 

• Like 1

Think of it as a sorority hazing or a gang initiation, CW-15 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just an FYI - I personally look and read on this site everyday (I’m an old retired guy). I give a few “likes” here and there, but very rarely comment publicly.  (Some on this site are brutal, most are awesome)  I have sent quite a few private messages for those asking for ammo, reloading information, etc.  Because I don’t interact publicly, doesn’t mean I just drop in when I need something......just something for a few of you to think about😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1