Team STO

Urgent need of Hornandy 6.5 Ammo for hunt

On 12/25/2020 at 9:09 PM, stalkincoues said:

For the most obscure 6.5 name, I like the 6.5BB (6.5 Bitch Biscuit). 

I am hoping future loading books will include the 6.5 BB soon

On 12/26/2020 at 6:54 AM, jdown said:

IMG_20201226_065404_hdr.jpg

Funny, looks like range officers stretching it out. No b.b.'s here.

All I can say at this point is where they heck is LARK when you need him.  He used to call the 7-08 a doorstop ... wonder what he thinks of the Creedmoor???

• Like 1

When I was on active duty back at Offut, a guy I worked with was on the AF Rifle Team and always made fun of my crappy Ruger 77 25-06.  Every deer I shot with it was a one and done. He said he would never shoot a Ruger.  Only Remington 700s for this guy.  

This was back in 96.  He had loaded a bunch of 6.5-06 that were too hot.  They were either blowing up prior to hitting the target or just not doing any obvious fatal damage to the Nebraska Whitetail population.  He called me up, knowing I had filled my 5 tags (1 buck and 4 does.  you could buy 2 doe tags, they were buy one get a bonus tag, hence 4 does)  and asked to borrow my rifle.  He didn't have time to load any new ammo cause the season was closing in a couple days.  Sadly I reminded him of his aversion to my crappy Ruger and let him try to figure it out on his own.  

same guy ridiculed my Bushnell Yardage pro 400, telling me that nobody needed a range finder out to 400 yards, then asked to borrow it.  

Moral of the story, don't make fun of someone's stuff then ask for help in a time of need.  My 6.5CM (aka Bitch Biscuit) has taken 7 game animals this fall, one by me and the rest by nephews, nieces and a friend.  All one and done.   

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, cactusjack said:

When I was on active duty back at Offut, a guy I worked with was on the AF Rifle Team and always made fun of my crappy Ruger 77 25-06.  Every deer I shot with it was a one and done. He said he would never shoot a Ruger.  Only Remington 700s for this guy.  

This was back in 96.  He had loaded a bunch of 6.5-06 that were too hot.  They were either blowing up prior to hitting the target or just not doing any obvious fatal damage to the Nebraska Whitetail population.  He called me up, knowing I had filled my 5 tags (1 buck and 4 does.  you could buy 2 doe tags, they were buy one get a bonus tag, hence 4 does)  and asked to borrow my rifle.  He didn't have time to load any new ammo cause the season was closing in a couple days.  Sadly I reminded him of his aversion to my crappy Ruger and let him try to figure it out on his own.  

same guy ridiculed my Bushnell Yardage pro 400, telling me that nobody needed a range finder out to 400 yards, then asked to borrow it.  

Moral of the story, don't make fun of someone's stuff then ask for help in a time of need.  My 6.5CM (aka Bitch Biscuit) has taken 7 game animals this fall, one by me and the rest by nephews, nieces and a friend.  All one and done.   

I think everyone is just having a little fun with it and it's incredible rise to popularity.  I don't think anyone is saying it is not a great round with a great bc and certainly continues to prove itself.   At least I am.  

• Like 2

I actually like mine now that I quit trying to get 3000 fps out of it. 

On 12/25/2020 at 5:34 PM, lancetkenyon said:

All the time at the range, I get the "what caliber are you shootin' there?"

I say, "6.5 Sherman Short", or "6.5 SLR", or "6 Creedmoor", and I ALWAYS get, "Oh, 6.5 Creedmoor?  Yeah, them are great.  I got me a Savage 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots dime sized groups."

Yeah....right....

4365b697213cb62614bae02e21dff6d7.jpg.41e7ac2e4014e5ec53e67d57f4645adb.jpg

No lance its ruger American predator the 1000 yard gun

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, cactusjack said:

Hard to beat the kimber Adirondack! Super accurate and only 6 pounds with a scope. 

• Like 1