Sign in to follow this  
NYAZHunter

Bass Pro Shop / Sportsmans Warehouse

I always liked Sportsman's better than Cabela's. I liked the reloading section of Sportsman's. But online will eat their lunch if they F it up and Brunos is just up the street. Guess buying more guns online and mailing to my FFL (Glockmiester does a great job in that area). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

I always liked Sportsman's better than Cabela's. I liked the reloading section of Sportsman's. But online will eat their lunch if they F it up and Brunos is just up the street. Guess buying more guns online and mailing to my FFL (Glockmiester does a great job in that area). 

The Glock miester on Cave creek is pretty good to deal with.

• Like 1

Getting a Scheels here would be nice. Maybe Cabelas would close because of it.😏

• Like 2

Yep that sucks , Was going there tomm....................BOB!

Seriously? It’s like the phone company Ma Bell back in the day. The outdoor outfitter monopoly. “If we don’t have it, you don’t need it!” Who can we get to open a store in Az? Sheels?

small stores like Ross Outdoors carries a lot of things now like clothing, boots, optics and everything archery, you can always buy guns and anmmo somewhere else. i rather give my bussiness to small local places.

my 2 cents

• Like 6

they sucked though.  mis managed, shitty inventory, poor displays.  they had some good stuff but a lot of crap too....with better mgmt they could have made a go at it.   brick and mortar is tough right now....not surprise at all they consolidated ops. 

stock holders got a 45% bump for what its worth.

Let’s just hope they son’t close any locations so we all have to drive to BP or Cabela’s.
So much junk now at BP.

if people  supported local stores from the beginning there would be nothing to complain about them now for. They dont carry much stock because for one most people want a deal to pay no taxs so they shop online. The you have the a-hole customers that for some reason think there owed something.

I hate corporate owned stores they have screwed up shopping beyond belief.

Back in the day between Randalls loan wolf and a bunch of others they always had everything anyone needed or wanted, if not they would order it for you. Same deal with fishing/tackle stores.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Delw said:

if people  supported local stores from the beginning there would be nothing to complain about them now for. They dont carry much stock because for one most people want a deal to pay no taxs so they shop online. The you have the a-hole customers that for some reason think there owed something.

I hate corporate owned stores they have screwed up shopping beyond belief.

Back in the day between Randalls loan wolf and a bunch of others they always had everything anyone needed or wanted, if not they would order it for you. Same deal with fishing/tackle stores.

What?

You guys need a Scheels down there.  They started in Fargo ND.  I worked in the archery shop there through college.  Steve Scheel (the owner) was on the floor almost every day.  Employee owned.  Great customer service.  After working there I was horrified to go into a Cabelas or Sportsmans.  Scheels puts a ton of education money into even their weekend kids.  They’re one of the few brick and mortar retail stores that is growing like crazy.  I think they’re in UT, NV and TX now and all over the Midwest.  Also they sell their guns and ammo at cost or close to it.  I actually had to have my brother buy ammo for me when I worked there as my employee discount was cost + 5% so ammo was more expensive to me as an employee!!

• Like 6

20 hours ago, maximus said:

small stores like Ross Outdoors carries a lot of things now like clothing, boots, optics and everything archery, you can always buy guns and anmmo somewhere else. i rather give my bussiness to small local places.

my 2 cents

I really like Ross Outdoors. I went in there recently when I rented a spotting scope for my hunt. They have a really nice setup, good inventory, and good costumer service. Only problem for me is I live in Florence so it’s a really long drive. 

• Like 3