loboscout

CW Long Range Meet Up: January 30, 2021

I'd like to come have fun with you guys! I'm getting a little old and unsteady for PRS type stuff so this would be a lot of fun to me. I have some bigger steel I could bring too. One of my shootin buddies would probably tag along as well. Have all my long range gear already but I might take a few pops out of your rifles and you are welcome to do the same with mine.

Please message me for details.

Thanks Lobo for doing this.

Steve

• Like 1

Went out to Cowtown this morning with a couple buddies.  It was a blast.  This should be fun too.  Can't wait.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Randall said:

Steve....you have to leave the 20 pounders at home!

The only lighter ones I have are my AR in 6mmFatRaT and my 5mmFBI but I'll bring the 6mm and up.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 9:36 AM, loboscout said:

That's great, love to have you. Just here to have fun.

Thanks Lobo.

I peaked about 10 years ago as far as comps go, the intuition I used to have in the wind is greatly lost since I hardly shoot long range anymore, so just coming to meet you, Lance, and others, and shoot the rifles some.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steve123 said:

Thanks Lobo.

I peaked about 10 years ago as far as comps go, the intuition I used to have in the wind is greatly lost since I hardly shoot long range anymore, so just coming to meet you, Lance, and others, and shoot the rifles some.

Its like riding a bike, but betterer. I am sure you will teach us something.

• Like 1

Hey all, it is still a go. 

I am planning on going to do a dry run this weekend or next to grab a pin drop and do some shooting to proof out new steel locations. If anyone is free to help carry t posts and help set up, an extra pair of hands and eyes will help.

PM me.

What day are you planning?  I can help and bring additional steel and stands to take a look at barring any emergencies with HQ.  

Thanks to @rcdinaz, we have the target locations ready to go. He hammered this one out at 760. The two just below the waterline were his. I couldn't hit it with one rifle (uhggg), but got on with another.

From 100 paper to 1000 yards of steel. Plenty of rocks out to a mile.

20210116_072931.thumb.jpg.37aecb0430cbc7a825f0c267a04b5e36.jpg

20210116_120047.thumb.jpg.a2eab4ee92a57ee1207a3f3e490eca04.jpg

• Like 1

You did hit the 1K target one and done. 

Great location, should be a good outing!

Everyone who wants details, please send me a PM with "CWT Shoot" so I can make sure and respond with the details. It is extremely simple to find. The turn is right on a mile marker and you can see powerlines right on the turn. 

You will need a truck or SUV to get back there, but it isn't too bad. There is just one hill with some /washout/loose rock that I wouldn't take a car up. 

Looking like we have 6 committed to go. Room for plenty more.

I have some extra shooting bags to give away, some $200 to $400 worth of bags, depending on how many people show up.