loboscout

CW Long Range Meet Up: January 30, 2021

1 hour ago, zackcarp said:

Just saw this, ill pm you but I should be in.

Awesome, we have a good group forming. Gonna be an fun shoot. Zach has a .338 so we'll probably put his big target out further than 1000.

Anyone bringing steel, it would be awesome if you could get there by 7, ready to carry the steel. We can drive out to about 800 and then walk the rest out. There will be a couple of us ready to help.

If you can bring a plastic table, I think it would be nice to set up an area to case and uncase rifles in a safe direction. Last thing we want is the wild west and guns coming out everywhere.

I plan on coming down with Steve. Depending on room in his vehicle ,I can bring a couple of steel plates [10 " round and 2/3 man plate] and a couple of hangers for T post. Let me know if you have T post. We are planning to be there early. Depends on road conditions.

Bring steel and hangers, I have t posts and will pick up a few more I think. Will also have my t post driver. We might not put out the steel, but will be nice to have. If it is a pain, just bring hangers, I could use them with some of my steel.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Sounds like we'll have quite a crew.

Hey, can't argue with that. We'll do it again soon. I am thinking it would be fun once a month. I will leave some tposts out there, and will be simple for guys to bring steel and ring it.

Go kill stuff.

• Like 1

Awesome time with everyone that showed up. We are talking about doing it in late summer before hunting season up north.

I will come out and set up more see posts and targets so the next one is even better down here.

If enough people want to do it again in March or April I would be game.

I would bet money we don't get frogs out for 2 hours.

Had a blast.  Didn't pull a trigger until about 10:00-10:30 when the fog finally lifted.  All we could see was the 100 yard zero target.  

Once the fog burned off, the steel started ringing, from 431 to 1068.  Even with the wind, the hits just kept coming.  Good spotters and wind calls helped keep hit percentages high.

Lots of glass and guns out there.

I only got a few photos, was too busy spotting and shooting.  

20210130_085617.thumb.jpg.ac94d5aae4cd8c4e71d5b89628662488.jpg

20210130_102819.thumb.jpg.909cd8ab8b09371f072a994c0344797b.jpg

20210130_104118.thumb.jpg.4a88361a8726f05697703ee740a7ecf4.jpg

• Like 4

Lots of fun and worth the drive from Southern AZ. Lots of cool toys and folks. I didn't get any pics either, but the shooting was a blast.

• Like 3

Great outing! Thanks for setting it up!

• Like 1

Thanks Lobo for putting this shoot on, it was nice to meet you, and Lance, since I've been reading both your posts on forums for many years. Nice meeting the rest of the guys too.

Randy hit a rock the size of a pie plate at 1538Y with his 6.5-4s, so I have to brag on him a bit. I hit a few inches low but couldn't connect. 

Contact us late summer and we'll do a long range session here up in northern AZ. 

• Like 2