muleybowhunter

Covid relif bill

C'mon!  How do you expect the crooks in Congress to become Millionaires except through foreign kick-backs???  What do you expect from the swamp and that is both parties?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

moneybill.thumb.jpg.3b8430ae88ac92432467c81ccc517960.jpg

Thanks OW and what an effing joke this is. 

Now, I know the people of Israel are not going to get a check for 56 large, (their politicians will - hahaha) but it sure is laughable that we're sending money to these countries in the first place.

Eddie 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

moneybill.thumb.jpg.3b8430ae88ac92432467c81ccc517960.jpg

Tony, this isnt really a fair representation. I have no idea of those figures for other countries are correct but in the US the federal government has paid Billions of dollars i relief funding beyond just the direct payments. The direct payments are the smallest portion when you consider the the research and vaccine funding, increased relief products / supplies, funding for testing, PPP loans, unemployment benefits etc.

I am not a federal government defender, but there is a lot that has been invested toward combatting COVID.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Tony, this isnt really a fair representation. I have no idea of those figures for other countries are correct but in the US the federal government has paid Billions of dollars i relief funding beyond just the direct payments. The direct payments are the smallest portion when you consider the the research and vaccine funding, increased relief products / supplies, funding for testing, PPP loans, unemployment benefits etc.

I am not a federal government defender, but there is a lot that has been invested toward combatting COVID.

Duh. I know that, Andrew. Geez, how could I ever forget that ol, "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you?" My post was more from the humorous side of the room.

The only thing that has really disappointed me through this whole pandemic thing is that Hooters never started a home delivery service. I could wrap my arms around that concept. 😉

• Haha 1

This really bugged me when I read this earlier, and of course I replied before doing any research, but the numbers are way off.

While there is some truth to OW's meme, the numbers are not accurate.  I did not verify all countries, but I know at least a couple of the countries listed are receiving aid under this stimulus/aid package.

The bad news is that's where the truth ends me thinks. My research, although hardly in-depth, just did not allow this to pass the smell test. Or on this case the math test. For example, using the Israel and  Egypt meme aid dollars per capita and their current populations,, both would receive a combined ~$2T, yet the aid package is only about ~$1T.

I still stand by my earlier comment on why in the heck are any other countries getting any aid under this package?  Maybe there is a good reason, but I sure can't see it.

Eddie

5 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

This really bugged me when I read this earlier, and of course I replied before doing any research, but the numbers are way off.

While there is some truth to OW's meme, the numbers are not accurate.  I did not verify all countries, but I know at least a couple of the countries listed are receiving aid under this stimulus/aid package.

The bad news is that's where the truth ends me thinks. My research, although hardly in-depth, just did not allow this to pass the smell test. Or on this case the math test. For example, using the Israel and  Egypt meme aid dollars per capita and their current populations,, both would receive a combined ~$2T, yet the aid package is only about ~$1T.

I still stand by my earlier comment on why in the heck are any other countries getting any aid under this package?  Maybe there is a good reason, but I sure can't see it.

Eddie

I thought it would be obvious to most that the meme was a complete exaggeration of the reality. I guess I was wrong. 😂 That said, however, you're right on as far as the entire bill's actual contents; it was laden with ridiculous 'pork' payments that have absolutely nothing to do with covid-19 relief. It would take a long stretch to tie gender identification issues in Pakistan to helping U.S. citizens cope with the virus here in America. 

Now....I swore to myself a while back that I would stay out of these politcal type food fights on this site, and I broke my word so to speak. So I'm going back to avoiding them again.   

• Like 1

All this bill is, is the dems attempt to buy everyone off before Biden takes office.