Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

THE POST OFFICE AT WORK -- SORTA

This a copy of a post from my Facebook page:

If anyone wonders why and how the USPS is in the red, wonder no more.

I sold a new Kifaru backpack for $200 to a fine buyer who lives in the Durango, Colo. area, which is about 550 miles away from Phoenix. I packed it up with all of the Priority Mail tape and stickers, then purchased & printed a Priority Mail label that cost me $19.78 to send the 3 lb. package for 3-day delivery.

My postman picked it up and put it into the tracking system at the Glendale, AZ PO on Dec. 7, where it languished until Dec. 15 before being sent to the "distribution center" in Phoenix. On Dec. 20, it finally was in transit to another "distribution center" in Albuquerque, N. Mex. It left there on Dec. 21 and arrived at the Durango PO late that night. It was finally delivered on Dec. 22 at 1:09 p.m, a full 15 days later!!! Needless to say, I could have walked it there faster.

During the time it was moving like a snail thru the system, I was in constant contact via emails with several USPS apologists. Some of what I said to them shouldn't be shown here on FB.

4 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

This a copy of a post from mt Facebook page:

If anyone wonders why and how the USPS is in the red, wonder no more.

I sold a new Kifaru backpack for $200 to a fine buyer who lives in the Durango, Colo. area, which is about 550 miles away from Phoenix. I packed it up with all of the Priority Mail tape and stickers, then purchased & printed a Priority Mail label that cost me $19.78 to send the 3 lb. package for 3-day delivery.

My postman picked it up and put it into the tracking system at the Glendale, AZ PO on Dec. 7, where it languished until Dec. 15 before being sent to the "distribution center" in Phoenix. On Dec. 20, it finally was in transit to another "distribution center" in Albuquerque, N. Mex. It left there on Dec. 21 and arrived at the Durango PO late that night. It was finally delivered on Dec. 22 at 1:09 p.m, a full 15 days later!!! Needless to say, I could have walked it there faster.

During the time it was moving like a snail thru the system, I was in constant contact via emails with several USPS apologists. Some of what I said to them shouldn't be shown here on FB.

That’s why it’s called snail mail.

• Like 1

Meanwhile I keep getting “your shipment is late” notifications for something that arrived a couple days ago. The system is a bit overwhelmed. 

13 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Shoot thats nothing!

Ordered a pair of shoes from ebay on 11/27.

They arrived yesterday. 

Were they actually shipped on 11/27, though?? 

10 minutes ago, bigorange said:

The system is a bit overwhelmed. 

That's the under statement of the day. 🤣

A friend who used to drive big rigs just told me he once had a USPS contract to transport mail from NJ to WI. On one trip he had exactly ONE bin with ONE envelope in the 53' trailer. 

Usps is govt run/funded, of course its set to fail.  How is it that fed ex, ups, dhl all can make a huge profit?

Govt stays out of private industry and we make money.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Were they actually shipped on 11/27, though?? 

Similar to you, they stayed in limbo. Either way, thats less than "priority mail", thats for sure!

28 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Similar to you, they stayed in limbo. Either way, thats less than "priority mail", thats for sure!

The reason I asked is because some eBay sellers sometimes procrastinate when it comes to getting something shipped in a timely manner.  But yeah, even if shipped a week after you ordered them, two weeks for PM is ludicrous.

The humorous thing is I buy some of my medications from an online pharmacy. They are shipped from India. I ordered some Dec. 2 and had them delivered to my door by USPS on Dec. 10.  That time period included all the order processing, too. 

Blows me away that government classified documents MUST be sent through the USPS.  In the last 2 weeks, we have run down the local carrier that delivered others mail to our house.  

Typical now a days.  One of my wives presents wont make here on time because it sat at the post office from the 11th until the 20th.  The tracking originally showed it getting here on the 15th.  Now it says it will get here on the 26th.  And they blame it all on Covid.

• Like 1

This is the last correspondence I received:

servlet.ImageServer?id=015t00000001Yln&oid=00Dj0000000GyYH

Dear Tony Mandile,

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service. 

Unfortunately, there hasn’t been any movement on your package. The response we get from the last facility where your package had been scanned, is that they are experience massive delays due to the record high package volume received this year. And personal shortages do to COVID-19. Unfortunately, there isn’t much that can be done until your package receives its next scan. If you do not receive your package after thirty (30) days from its expected delivery date. You can file a claim through the Mail Recovery Center at USPS.com, under the HELP tab.

An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service.  We appreciate your reporting this matter to us.  It helps to know the kinds of difficulties our customers have so we can work toward improvements.  The information you have provided will be shared with management as they continue their efforts to improve service performance in your area.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you.  If you have any questions, please contact me. 

Sincerely,

Steven Keller

Supv Customer Services

970-247-3434

Your privacy is important to us. If you would like additional information on our privacy policy, please visit us online at: www.usps.com®.

00Xt0000000I11dEAC

• Like 1

Yeah i had a priority mail package. Shipped on dec 2nd from Detroit. 

Took 9 days to get to Phx. 

Took 5 days to get to Maricopa

3 days to get to AZ City.

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service. 

Your package arrived yesterday at the Local Post Office and it is available for pick up. 

An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service.  We appreciate your reporting this matter to us.  It helps to know the kinds of difficulties our customers have so we can work toward improvements.  The information you have provided will be shared with management as they continue their efforts to improve service performance in your area.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you.  If you have any questions, please contact me. 

Sincerely,

Dimitrios Gkigkis

Customer Service

Tracking still stated .  Package in transit to next location.  Sat 3 days  at destination before I got notice .

They had pulled the covid card on my first complaint. Lol