Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

THE POST OFFICE AT WORK -- SORTA

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Did you see this in my last reply to you?

So now, in the interest of full disclosure, you and I both missed a not so obvious error in that USPS paragraph. See if you can find it. 

I gave up looking...sorry LoL

2 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

It's in this clause....

And personal shortages do to COVID-19.

It’s an incomplete sentence and uses “do” instead of “due” but you already mentioned those. 
oh yeah...personnel. LoL

49 minutes ago, bigorange said:

It’s an incomplete sentence and uses “do” instead of “due” but you already mentioned those. 
oh yeah...personnel. LoL

Taadaaa! I completely missed it as well.

'Personal' & 'personnel' aren't true homonyms because the pronounciation is a bit different. However, it's close enough to say it's rare to have two homonyms in one short clause like that. We could even add another homonym by changing 'to,' so the clause reads: And personal shortages do too (or two) Covid-19. 

Even in this day of sophisticated grammar/spell checkers, homonyms usually go undetected. In1960, we didn't even have computers, much less the grammar checkers. 🤣

oldcomputer.thumb.jpg.fe9536cd7a2ba37c0ce002999b8506c7.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 8:41 AM, Hoss50 said:

My wife sent a package to a friend on Dec 8th in Apache Junction, we live in Glendale . It still hasn't arrived, and the last tracking scan was in Kent Washington a week ago. 

Wtf 

Just now, HyNoon said:

Wtf 

I don't know. My wife just said the package was finally delivered today.

2 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

I don't know. My wife just said the package was finally delivered today.

Ya, you could if drove it there and saved all the headaches 

• Like 1

So this past weekend, I gave my mailman two packages that I had already paid for online and labeled. Both were books and sent via Media Mail. One is bound for Tucson and the other for South Ogden, UT. As of this morning's tracking results, the one for Tucson is 'out for delivery;' the one to UT still shows it hasn't even been received at the Glendale PO., as below:

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item. A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 9:03 am on December 26, 2020 in GLENDALE, AZ 85301. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.GLENDALE, AZ 85301