Sign in to follow this  
deercrazy

Are The Gun Stores Really Empty?

I have been scrimping and saving for a quality rifle with a wood stock that has looks, sole, and shoots great.  I decided on 3 different models by 3 different companies, and I am ready to purchase.  What I have found is that the stores are empty, online is out of stock, and if you do find a rifle, there is no ammo to go try it out.  Is covid19 really got all these great American companies on their knees, not employing thousands of workers, and can they bounce back.  I am trying not to just settle for a plastic stock, low end,, "better in rainy conditions" rifles.  heck, I already own a couple of those.  I just want a rifle like grandpa had.  

The bad thing is that all that scrimping and saving, and no rifle to purchase will end up in my kids needing a new battery for their car, or tires, or the wife needing new shoes.  I am tired of Covid and not having any fun.  Back to work on Monday morning.

They have ammo at the stores. They are holding it behind the counter for anyone that buys guns.  I've seen workers leaving stores that have empty shelves with a few boxes of 9mm in their hands.  

The guns are not as much of a problem as they where a couple months ago. Ammo is the problem. 

You can have a shop order in what you want, but it might be tough to find on the shelf. 

The gun manufacturers and ammo manufacturers are going full tilt as fast as they can go, people are just buying them both at record pace. 

Good info in that article.

A little more digging finds the expansion of American manufacturing by Wilson Combat.

This is great to hear.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2020/dec/13/berryvilles-wilson-combat-expanding/

24 minutes ago, kbaizel said:

Well I witnessed bass pro selling this clown the entire pallet 

Ya you already said that. Maybe you should have got there earlier and bought the pallet yourself.

2 hours ago, 25-06 said:

Ya you already said that. Maybe you should have got there earlier and bought the pallet yourself.

Asking a serious question. Anybody know if there are any legal issues with doing this? I know there was that very public case with the hand sanitizer at the beginning of COVID but the state prosecutors considered it a necessity. Any issues with someone actually buying a pallet of ammunition from a store and taking it immediately?

42 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

Asking a serious question. Anybody know if there are any legal issues with doing this? I know there was that very public case with the hand sanitizer at the beginning of COVID but the state prosecutors considered it a necessity. Any issues with someone actually buying a pallet of ammunition from a store and taking it immediately?

Its illegal to resell ammo for profit, if you do you need a ffl ammo license just like firearms its illegal for someone to sell them for profit.

will they do anything about it I doubt it, it was worse back on the last 3 elections. I dont think very many people got busted.

Also its illegal to resell / Sell pretty much anything for profit with out a business. state or city license. They dont do anything about that either.

15 minutes ago, Delw said:

Its illegal to resell ammo for profit, if you do you need a ffl ammo license just like firearms its illegal for someone to sell them for profit.

will they do anything about it I doubt it, it was worse back on the last 3 elections. I dont think very many people got busted.

Also its illegal to resell / Sell pretty much anything for profit with out a business. state or city license. They dont do anything about that either.

Understand, thanks.