HuntHarder

Free College!

Biden has pledged that community college will be free and in-state public university's as well, if the parents make under $125,000.  I am thinking that many divorces are in the future, as financially, it makes more sense to separate incomes to stay below the threshold.    The final language will be interesting to say the least.  Once again, trying to penalize the one's who work and make a decent living.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I see a lot of good paying jobs that require a college education paying a lot less in the future.

Do you really think any more of those kids will actually graduate? I would bet even with free college most of those kids won't get degrees. They will just end up being able to mark "some college" on the job surveys. 

• Like 3

Sweat, i be gettins meyeselves ahnunder edjewcayshun four phree on da buydin thiccet.

No question that education costs are out of control and something needs to be done.  Having paid for four kids to attend the UofA this subject hits even closer to home.  To me the schools need to be reigned in.  The cost of education has increased far more than inflation over the last 25 years and the schools have no accountability.  Giving education away is not the answer either.  Colleges will become just like an extension of high school.  So many kids don't care about their educations now, do you think they will care more if the four year degree is free?

I could support some kind of program that takes some of the cost away if you work a full time job in your area of study, you receive no government assistance of any kind and you make all your payments on time.   For every 3 years you pay we/govt will drop one year of payments from the back end.  Ultimately what this does is force people to go to work full time and not rely on the government and for doing that 25% will dropped off.    No matter what is done, they key is that they must graduate, must work a full time job after college and can't receive any government assistance in order to get some reduction in the cost of going to college.

• Like 2

The govt started social security this way, and they robbed the bank empty.

When pres spread eagle is voted in after the 25th amendment of joe being in a nursing home, she'll cancel ot all and screw everyone.over even more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Woth all these free degrees whos gonna work in all the strip clubs now??

Single moms looking for a drug fix or the baby daddy.

Either way, i will support.

Just dont go to the flame in AJ.

21 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Biden has pledged that community college will be free and in-state public university's as well, if the parents make under $125,000.  I am thinking that many divorces are in the future, as financially, it makes more sense to separate incomes to stay below the threshold.    The final language will be interesting to say the least.  Once again, trying to penalize the one's who work and make a decent living.

Look at the bright side: now you no longer need to save to put your kids through college and you can spend your money on frivolous stuff for yourself!

Plus this will make it easier to justify paying some slack jawed  moron $15 an hour to make your egg a muffin since he will have “ some college “ education on his Mc application.

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

Look at the bright side: now you no longer need to save to put your kids through college and you can spend your money on frivolous stuff for yourself!

Plus this will make it easier to justify paying some slack jawed  moron $15 an hour to make your egg a muffin since he will have “ some college “ education on his Mc application.

No, it will cost us all double or triple since we will be paying all the taxes to send these idiots who have no business going to college to school.