Sign in to follow this  
Rhinoaz

Browning mountain ti 300wsm

Ok guys I’m going to ask for some advice on what to do. I’ve had this rifle for years and it used to be my go to hunting setup. But I’ve since bought a 28 nosler and love it but its on the heavy side. So i drug the ti out of the safe and I forgot how hard it kicks. Gun complete with scope is 6 1/2 pounds. So it thumps pretty good and I’m spoiled since the 28 has a brake. So my question is, is it worth putting a brake installed on the factory barrel? Cost wise? Or should I just have a proof research barrel installed that’s already cut for a brake? I’ve heard rumors that some gunsmiths wont touch abolts because of the loctite? Do you recommend any smiths that work on brownings? 

4 minutes ago, Rhinoaz said:

Ok guys I’m going to ask for some advice on what to do. I’ve had this rifle for years and it used to be my go to hunting setup. But I’ve since bought a 28 nosler and love it but its on the heavy side. So i drug the ti out of the safe and I forgot how hard it kicks. Gun complete with scope is 6 1/2 pounds. So it thumps pretty good and I’m spoiled since the 28 has a brake. So my question is, is it worth putting a brake installed on the factory barrel? Cost wise? Or should I just have a proof research barrel installed that’s already cut for a brake? I’ve heard rumors that some gunsmiths wont touch abolts because of the loctite? Do you recommend any smiths that work on brownings? 

Put a break on it. Seems like a cheap check

1 minute ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Sell it and use the 28. I love the cartridge

I’ve been thinking about just this, but the 28 is over 9lbs vs 6.5lbs

20 minutes ago, Rhinoaz said:

I’ve been thinking about just this, but the 28 is over 9lbs vs 6.5lbs

And? You yourself said it's much better to shoot. 

How about trying a handload with a barnes TTSX 130gr at 3000 fps or so.   That will tame it down and make it fun to shoot. Ive got same rifle but in 270wsm 3300 fps is not always the best answer. Good luck.