Non-Typical Solutions

G$F Fines

4 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I have a young friend who has had little to no exposure to hunting. He went out dove hunting with a buddy without a hunting license and got rung up by a G$F officer!

Anybody know what that process might look like for this young kid? What is the fee gonna be, what is the process gonna look like?

I'll get more details as soon as I can, he called me looking for advice and I just told him to pay up and move forward and next time get a dam license!!!

Just tell him to man up own it and explain to the judge that he was dumb and forgot/slipped his mind to buy the licence.

Theres no excuses that will change the outcome. Judges have seen it all.

Make sure he bought a licence after he got busted

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

Plead technically not guilty with an explanation. And try to tell his side of the story. 

his side of the story could be what? other than he f'd up.

1 minute ago, dustin25 said:

Normally I’d say shut up, go away idiot etc.... but in this case you’re the true expert for a change....so go ahead

Thanks Dustin I appreciate the confidence you have in me ! I have a question for you..... is it true that 60 % of structure fire fighters are BI sexual ? Personally I figured the the number to be much higher like 80% ...... 

I know it was a very long time ago (1984) but I once shot a deer and I did not have my tag with me.  I left my pack in my dads truck and he drove home the night before with it.  When I got up to go hunting the next morning I realized my pack was gone and had no tag.  Since I didn't have my own vehicle with me, one of the guys in camp said he would drive me to Prescott after morning hunt and I could get a duplicate.  I went out that morning and low and behold I shoot a buck a long way from camp.  Another hunter came along and helped me pack it to his truck and drove me to my camp.  He asked why I didn't put my tag on it and I explained the situation and he did not say anymore.  I hung the deer and skinned it and just sat down and G&F pulled up not 5 minutes later.  I'm guessing the hunter who helped me reported me to G&F but I have no proof.  G&F ended up taking my deer and writing me a ticket.  I had a court date in Prescott court house a couple months later and explained to the judge what happened and even showed him my license and tag.  He cut the fine in half from $390 to $195 and no other penalties.  I was told the reason why I was found guilty is because I knowingly hunted without a tag in hand.  Had I  realized I didn't have the tag after I shot the deer there would have been no fine or confiscation.  People said I should have lied but I just couldn't get myself to do that once I put my hand on the bible and swore to tell the truth.  Never did get the deer meat or rack either.  It was a small 3X3.  My advice to anyone is to tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may.  You may not win but you will feel better about yourself.

• Like 8

I may be wrong but I think the fines are one consideration, a judge will decide that. The whether I lose my hunting rights for 5 years is decided by the commission. If he doesnt have hunter ED tell him to get it done ASAP this goes a long way with the commissioners. Tell him to find some type of volunteer project for wildlife and get involved right away this might also help. Then take full responsibility for what he did and ask for leniency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoBull350 said:

Thanks Dustin I appreciate the confidence you have in me ! I have a question for you..... is it true that 60 % of structure fire fighters are BI sexual ? Personally I figured the the number to be much higher like 80% ...... 

0%,60%,80%....not sure...but I am sure it’s less then the ratio of cousin kissers and poachers to respectable people in your family 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

0%,60%,80%....not sure...but I am sure it’s less then the ratio of cousin kissers and poachers to respectable people in your family 

Well we both know with you being a fire fighter it can’t be zero ! 

Just now, NoBull350 said:

Well we both know with you being a fire fighter it can’t be zero ! 

I was just thinking the same thing about you and the kissing cousins

Better to always stick with the truth,the judge will decide what the fine will be,and the comission will decide whether he loses his license priviledges.My father was the chief of law enforcement for the G&F in the old days,1947 -1972,and it seems as alot more of the fines etc.was negotiable back then.Losing your license for 5 years was put in place not for shooting doves without a license.It was meant for the hard core poachers that wanted to live up to their ego.The people that had total disregard for the law.I understand that the G&F has gotten away from that somewhat,I hope that the young man pays a fine and doesn't lose his license.

• Like 3

Bottom line is by the book a crime was committed.  I think the big kicker is once the game violation was committed, that set the laundry list off. 

What sucks is the poachers really dont get any penalties but this kid will pay for it and learn his lesson.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Bottom line is by the book a crime was committed.  I think the big kicker is once the game violation was committed, that set the laundry list off. 

What sucks is the poachers really dont get any penalties but this kid will pay for it and learn his lesson.

Hunting with out a license is poaching . Ask my brother how that worked out for him .

they can't suspend his license because he doesn't have one, can't revoke his license because he doesn't have one... so the judge is going to tell him, you can't get a hunting license for 3-5 years because of this.... isn't that what led to this in the first place...no license... just keep hunting like he did this year. Great thinking judge!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZLance said:

they can't suspend his license because he doesn't have one, can't revoke his license because he doesn't have one... so the judge is going to tell him, you can't get a hunting license for 3-5 years because of this.... isn't that what led to this in the first place...no license... just keep hunting like he did this year. Great thinking judge!

The clown commission determines how long a poacher gets his/her lic revoked . Unless.......... you are bc777 then you have your attorney dictate the revocation in the plea deal leaving the commission’s hands tied. 

No excuse. Judges have heard it all. Be honest and ask for mercy, is my advice. Likely some of the charges will be dropped if he pleads guilty to one of the bigger ones.

• Like 2