Sign in to follow this  
Wnn135

Over the counter tags

7 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I don’t mind who has the tag NR or a local. I do mind the amount of OTC tags issued and the g&f not managing this # is a bit hard to stomach. All for gold coins.

but what is that number?

Id like to see the number for the early hunts and the late hunts along with the Jan hunt. Ive never seen them published.

2 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

If otc tags became draw, ALL tags would be draw not just southern whitetail. And your right, most non successful rifle hunters will grab the bow and hunt again. Why would the G&F lose out on that revenue by making archery a draw?

No they could make it like north rim units (add the sounthern units) and that 3c unit. I am betting thats what they will do., Then close them for OTC units.

which would now put more archery hunters in a smaller amount of units avail for OTC

14 minutes ago, Delw said:

but what is that number?

Id like to see the number for the early hunts and the late hunts along with the Jan hunt. Ive never seen them published.

In revenue? $$$,$$$ would be my guess. When is the next meeting. I would like to be present. Not to talk but to listen

8 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

In revenue? $$$,$$$ would be my guess. When is the next meeting. I would like to be present. Not to talk but to listen

No sorry the amount of tags issued for OTC tags,.

11 hours ago, Doggy said:

I think you go to all Archery tags and take away your guns, and then see how many Deer are killed, if that's what your trying to accomplish.

"Take away your guns"................China will love that...

Times change and the game and fish need to realize that and the OTC tags need to go to a draw. Look at Colorado and Utah both have 2 - 3 times the deer we have and all their hunts are a draw, including archery.

Their 20% harvest logic is ridiculous too, as they don't know how many deer are actually being killed

3 hours ago, trophymaster said:

Times change and the game and fish need to realize that and the OTC tags need to go to a draw. Look at Colorado and Utah both have 2 - 3 times the deer we have and all their hunts are a draw, including archery.

Their 20% harvest logic is ridiculous too, as they don't know how many deer are actually being killed

G&f:Guesses success rates *off by 125 deer*

G&F: oops we could have been wrong. Sawry.

kid shoots a dove*

also game and fish: get a rope 

On 12/29/2020 at 11:36 PM, UggRedBilly said:

What if there was an antler minimum? Like no spikes killed? Maybe even forkies? Would that even help population at all?

That idea has been floated before but never got any traction. I did see a hunter first deer kill posted a few days ago on FB which was a spike that was probably 50-55 pounds.

More rules, more rules.....that's what you all need.....need to be more like KALIFORNIA!  They really get it over there.....

(all sarcasm included)

Just went and scouted a place I've been going for years and seen very few people, it was nice.  Right now there are three wall tents and cars everywhere, all from out of state, very frustrating.

Mary Jane is legal for a month and people are already out of their minds. Turn the OTC tags to a draw. Ban non residents??WTF. Do any of you Az resident ever hunt other states?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/8/2021 at 9:52 PM, bobbyo said:

Mary Jane is legal for a month and people are already out of their minds. Turn the OTC tags to a draw. Ban non residents??WTF. Do any of you Az resident ever hunt other states?

Mary Jane is not legal yet. 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:52 PM, bobbyo said:

Yup. I apply for draw tags in several other states. For the ONE that doesn’t have a draw for NR tags I have to be sure to try and buy one of a limited quota of NR tags at the exact second it becomes available. So yeah, I think we should limit NR archery deer tags.

• Like 1

We're not talking about banning nonresidents.  We're talking about how to manage an already struggling deer herd by regulating the amount of tags sold and not just looking at money.

• Like 1