Brethood

Cabelas 12x20 Alaknak

Cabelas Alaknak 12x20 with 2 vestibules, large wood stove with carry case. Used but in good condition original owner used it for family camping and cold weather hunts. I live in Boulder City NV but will be in 16A this January so possible delivery to Wikieup. My also be interested in a trade for Kodak Canvas 10x 14

EC69EB38-CD75-4861-A417-C8378298FDE7.jpeg

8F688269-772F-4787-AC3B-F02FB3425BD0.png

B186408B-6D7F-4FAC-B251-7FA12761D1DE.png

36C93B90-181A-46BD-9693-EB6EA2F72DDF.png

8D60CCB6-B382-4715-A68B-C3123F3C4278.png

Every time I see one of these for sale, I feel the need to bump it.  10+ years ago I sold my pop-up and went back to 'tent camping'.  With camo-bunk cots, a Camp Chef, and a couple of other little extras, my three kids and I were well outfitted in our 12X12 Alaknak for many years and MANY camping/hunting/fishing trips.  Heavy rain, snow, wind have all been no problem.  Love the Alaknak!  

The vestibule(s) elevates it to a whole additional level as far as space goes.  This would be a great tent for a big family, Kev! ;) 

• Like 2

My buddy is selling a Montana 10' x 12' canvas tent.  It comes with a stove which has the water heater attachment.  It has the floor liner as well.  We had a deer hunt in November in Flagstaff, and it was super comfortable, in that thing.  I think he spent closer to 2000 when all said and done.  Looking to get 950 obo.  PM me for details.

10 minutes ago, jrc0415 said:

My buddy is selling a Montana 10' x 12' canvas tent.  It comes with a stove which has the water heater attachment.  It has the floor liner as well.  We had a deer hunt in November in Flagstaff, and it was super comfortable, in that thing.  I think he spent closer to 2000 when all said and done.  Looking to get 950 obo.  PM me for details.

Be good to maybe start a different thread on your buddy's tent as opposed to the not so subtle hi-jacking of this dude's attempt to sell his Alaknak.  (I'm assuming no malice on your part, it just seems like bad form, IMO..... )

• Like 3

Do these need to be set up and dried out when you get home? Thats one thing i dont want to have to do.  Aint got time fo dat

"Aint got time for dat"....  Too funny!🤣

If they are wet, then YES!   My son borrowed mine once and put it away wet, resulting in some mold that was a bitch to clean.   You will also hear comparisons to canvas with these tents.  Since these are a synthetic, they don't 'breath' like canvas, and tent to gather condensation a bit easier.   Either way, canvas of synthetic, you don't want to put them away wet.

57 minutes ago, stanley said:

Every time I see one of these for sale, I feel the need to bump it.  10+ years ago I sold my pop-up and went back to 'tent camping'.  With camo-bunk cots, a Camp Chef, and a couple of other little extras, my three kids and I were well outfitted in our 12X12 Alaknak for many years and MANY camping/hunting/fishing trips.  Heavy rain, snow, wind have all been no problem.  Love the Alaknak!  

The vestibule(s) elevates it to a whole additional level as far as space goes.  This would be a great tent for a big family, Kev! ;) 

my bad....was just letting people know.  I know sometimes, people will put 2nds and 3rds if something falls through.  Ill have them start a new thread.  Thanks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Millhouse said:

I just always assumed you shouldn’t put any type of tent away wet. 

Great rule of thumb that also applies to horses.

• Like 2

With dew or frost, I wait to break down camp after noon and every thing is dried out. If it's raining or snowing, you have to dry it out at home. I have the kodiak, but I'm sure the same would apply to any tent. Gotta make time for dat.