Sign in to follow this  
matt

Varget powder

I have three sealed 1 pound bottles available. Paid $53.00 per pound at Bruno’s so that’s what I want for it. Text only please. 602-989-o67o. 

• Like 1

F'n Bruno's.  53$ a lb. Is insane.  I guess since they have it, they can charge it.  It's like they keep dry fuckin guys but have a solid supply line, so we / they keep letting them. 

3 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

F'n Bruno's.  53$ a lb. Is insane.  I guess since they have it, they can charge it.  It's like they keep dry fuckin guys but have a solid supply line, so we / they keep letting them. 

How do you know what they are paying to get it? My understanding is that everything has gone up from the manufacturers to the distributors. I know a FFL holder that told me he sold a 8lb keg of powder for $800 on gunbroker within minutes of posting it.

59 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Except for some of the big chain stores who had long-term contracts in place, everyone is pretty much feeling the increase.

Manufacturers raised their prices because they can't produce the quantities needed to cover their costs and lower prices. Labor/material shortages/reductions due to large unemployment payouts, actual Covid-19 illness, and politics have created a situation where we are having uneven inflation.

When people stop buying due to panic, speculation, and/or actual need the firearm industry will "catch up" and begin to settle back down. Most people by now have sufficient for their actual needs.

Some people learned from the past and when prices became extremely reasonable they purchased in excess, not causing any increase in pricing but, buying some of the surplus production. To be angry with them is wrong because they had no negative impact on the current situation and actually help keep current demand off the limited supply chain when they offer some of their supplies. 

But ultimately, this is a free country and most of what is sold on this site is NOT a true necessity, but discretionary. We are all fortunate that we have the right and the ability to sell or actually afford to buy those items that are NOT available in most other countries in the world.

I, myself, am grateful to be here and able to both buy and sell to fit my wants and "needs".

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

I haven’t seen cheaper prices anywhere. Even online. They’re $33 but by the time you add $16 for hazmat and $10 for shipping, it adds up. 

• Like 2

Also, if Bruno's does not have as much product to sell at lower margins then they have to sell their limited inventory at higher margins to pay their costs and keep their doors open.

eTFYU7k.jpg

You guys need to keep a eye on powder valley

l recently bought some TAC powder and paid a little over $25 a lb and that included shipping and hazmat 

As they say buy all you can when shipping and hazmat is involved 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

Also, if Bruno's does not have as much product to sell at lower margins then they have to sell their limited inventory at higher margins to pay their costs and keep their doors open.

Thanks for the economics lesson....

• Haha 1

Just seems people are very quick to judge and get nasty, and they forget that very, very, few are actually making a lot of money. I haven't been a huge recipient, have you been?

And I know a lot of guys who are scrambling to keep their employees employed. Tough times for everyone.

5 hours ago, varget said:

eTFYU7k.jpg

You guys need to keep a eye on powder valley

l recently bought some TAC powder and paid a little over $25 a lb and that included shipping and hazmat 

As they say buy all you can when shipping and hazmat is involved 

Varget is the King. He's always hunting the deals. Great guy as well.

History lesson is at 8:00 pm.

• Haha 1

I dont own any stock in Brunos, but from what I understand the reason he has powder when nobody else has it, is that he will pay more to get it, and of course the cost is added on to the consumer. So what does one do? Keep enough supplies on hand, so when something like this happens, it won't matter, pay the going rate, or cry.

• Like 3

The local Walmart gets  h1000, varget, rl19,22 and Imr and the most $ a lb is 32$ a lb for the h1000  and that was  3 weeks  ago so I'm  not sure who is actually setting these  steep prices, unless they have to pay a higher  price to be on a priority list maybe?