Sign in to follow this  
matt

Varget powder

Bought some at Sportsman's Warehouse in Yuma about a month ago.  Paid close to $42 with tax.  Felt lucky to find some.  It seems more of the scarce powders are becoming available at long last.  Not sure if we will ever see pre-2020 prices again.

1 hour ago, Presmyk said:

The local Walmart gets  h1000, varget, rl19,22 and Imr and the most $ a lb is 32$ a lb for the h1000  and that was  3 weeks  ago so I'm  not sure who is actually setting these  steep prices, unless they have to pay a higher  price to be on a priority list maybe? 

Wish my Walmarts near me carried powder.

• Like 1

I doubt that the OP was posting his stuff for sale for a “current state of the market” discussion...

2 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

I dont own any stock in Brunos, but from what I understand the reason he has powder when nobody else has it, is that he will pay more to get it, and of course the cost is added on to the consumer. So what does one do? Keep enough supplies on hand, so when something like this happens, it won't matter, pay the going rate, or cry.

It’s my understanding too that they pay a lot more at times when it’s not available wholesale through their distributors.  Sounds like they buy from the same places we would and then have to mark it up.  I paid more than I wanted to for Retumbo from them not long ago that made me cringe a bit but I have it and can keep shooting now.  

I’m happy to have it after the Retumbo shortage to the public for probably the last 3 years.  They seem to have supplies when others don’t.

There is always Gunbroker........ lol