Sign in to follow this  
Jasper17

Suppressors

So just wondering what kind have you personally experienced as far as brands. I shoot a 7mm mag., 6.5x284 and a 257 Weatherby mag. all with at least a 22" barrel and I'm wondering what to research because there are so many options. I am initially considering the Thunder Beast Dominus CB after talking to another member from CW and no it wasn't Lance but would like his input as well. Noise level is a concern but most have pretty good Db reduction but size does matter so this will be used for hunting and of coarse range time to check the guns before season opener and the occasional coyote that looks at me dumb, but not competition or full auto application. So any insight would be appreciated and I'm sure this is not the first post on the subject but I didn't find any others. 

I have a TBAC Ultra 7 6.5mm and a TBAC Ultra 9 .308.  I just ordered a TBAC Dominus CB on Saturday.  

I love the TBACs.  Very quiet, did not change my accuracy.  Only my POI.  I like the fact that I can have the TBAC CB on every rifle, and swap suppressors between rifles as needed.  That is why I went with the Dominus as well.  6.25" long, light, and quieter than the Ultra 7.  

I can use my Ultra 9 .308 can on anything I shoot, and my Ultra 7 6.5mm on my 6CM, 25SST, 6.5SLR and 6.5SSs.  The new Dominus was ordered for a new build I am gathering perts for now, a 23" 7SS lighter weight.  

Thanks I am really leaning towards the Dominus and who did you order it from and also Lance I assume you did the trust and if so who did that and who are you transferring to FFL?

I know this is an easy process for those that have done it but any advise for smoothest route would also be helpful, great info so far thanks in advance

I have been shooting suppressed for quite awhile now and know many guys that do as well. About the only constant I haveseen is that everyone has a different opinion on what is "best". Most of what I have seen is the "best" is what that person is running...lol. Sometimes the inexpensive ones are just as good as the expensive ones depending on what they are going on.

Most of them are good now. I would recommend going down to Mr Silencer in Mesa and talk to them or Healys, or to another shop that specializes in suppressors. SO many options these days. If you can shoot a few of them even better.

Personally I like the titanium and the weight savings they come with.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jasper17 said:

Thanks I am really leaning towards the Dominus and who did you order it from and also Lance I assume you did the trust and if so who did that and who are you transferring to FFL?

Mile High Shooting had them in stock.

I have my prints on the electronic kiosk at Mr. Suppressor in Mesa.

Thanks it looks like I'm going to one of these places. Can you order prior to doing paperwork and I know they hold it but just so It doesn't run out of stock.

13 minutes ago, Jasper17 said:

Thanks it looks like I'm going to one of these places. Can you order prior to doing paperwork and I know they hold it but just so It doesn't run out of stock.

You do the paperwork and pay for the suppressor at that time. They then put it in "suppressor jail" and hold it until your stamp comes.

All the paperwork is tied to the serial number on the suppressor you purchase so it has o be in stock for you to buy it.

I have two. Rugged Obsidian 9 and Rugged Razor 7.62. I like Rugged because they have a lifetime warranty similar to Vortex. No matter how it happened, your covered for lifetime. You can run it over with your truck on purpose and they’ll fix it. 

But....... I’m not a long range rifle shooter. Not sure if Rugged is a good choice for that. 

I currently own a SilencerCo Harvester, which is a great option for a hunting rifle that won’t get fired in long quick shot strings. I currently run it in my 6.5 PRC hunting rifle. Plenty of comments at the range about how quiet it is but that has to be taken with a grain of salt since most guys there are only hearing it while wearing hearing protection and are surrounded by guys shooting unsuppressed. However I can tell you that I took one shot with it while hunting in December and did not have even the slightest discomfort or ringing in my ears after. Just... crack CRACK. In case it matters, the round i shoot through it is a 156 Berger with 56.2 grains of N565 going about 2930 FPS. Highly recommended especially since it’s also significantly less expensive. No issues at all moving with it attached to the rifle (24” barrel) while out hunting, and that includes sneaking through mesquites and brush. 
The other suppressor I have is the Dead Air Sandman S that I have only used on my 243 and is absurdly quiet. Obviously that will be a different story with a 7mm Rem Mag. I am now looking at picking up a Dead Air Nomad L or a CGS Hyperion. Both are supposed to be excellent with the CGS becoming known as the quietest can on the market but it’s also expensive. Good luck. 
For what it’s worth, I will never go back to shooting unsuppressed so long as I have the choice. 

• Like 2

I run a gemtech tracker on my 7lrm, 260 ai, 300 blk and my daughters 7-08.  Great can for 500 bucks.  No change in accuracy, just a poi shift.  It is nice to not worry about ringing my ears while hunting!  My hunting buddy runs a silencerco omega on his 6.5x284 and the noise reduction is similar between the two cans although I think the silencerco reduces recoil a little better.  I got both my suppressors from Silencer Shop and transferred them through Rim Country Guns.

• Like 1