Sign in to follow this  
Jasper17

Suppressors

This is all really good info I do thank everyone for the input and suggestions on other brands so my research will go a little longer. I wonder if this could be a subject added as a sticky or regular topic since lots of people have what I consider valuable input on the subject. Thanks again Yancy

Just curious how much do you notice on POI is it a great deal or do you need different charts for with and without suppressor. Is a 200yrd. shot not a big deal but a 500yrd. shot 2" of drop, just for example.

I have a Gemtech from Mr Silencer as well.  It should/may only change your POI, drop should be consistent assuming your muzzle velocity is the same which it should be. 

My POI shifts about an inch down with the Harvester but it is consistent and if I ever needed to I could account for it in my ballistic charts. 

ok so not super significant POI but something to be aware of, man you guys have great thanks. 

I purchased two Silencer Co Harvesters last year. Both are .308 cans with two direct thread adapters that the wife and I use on everything from .223 ARs all the way up. I threaded everything but a few rifles that  I just don't want to ruin the aesthetics of. What I did was re-zero everything with the suppressor on it, that way I know I am ready to go, just have to screw the suppressor on whatever I am shooting at the time. Since getting the suppressors I haven't shot anything without it and neither will you. They just make shooting much more pleasant. I know there are probably better ones out there but I have been very happy with the Harvesters. Here is the wife and I doubling up on Coyotes last weekend. First one came in at about the 5 min mark and the 2nd at about 7 min. Shot one and just kept calling. 2nd one had no idea a gun had even been fired.  

Coyotes 5.jpg

• Like 4

I like thunderbeast since you can buy the brakes for several rifles and swap the can back and forth.

20210106_071051.thumb.jpg.1feb2eab091317412854780dd1c294c9.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe I've turned somewhat conspiracy theorist, but I'm not sure I am willing to give prints to the FBI... After everything I've seen these past few years, that's the last agency I'm trying to give anything willingly too.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, northAZarcher said:

Maybe I've turned somewhat conspiracy theorist, but I'm not sure I am willing to give prints to the FBI... After everything I've seen these past few years, that's the last agency I'm trying to give anything willingly too.

How old are you? You must not do any State, City or Federal work. I have been finger printed multiple time over the last 40 years.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

How old are you? You must not do any State, City or Federal work. I have been finger printed multiple time over the last 40 years.

Old enough, and nope, nope, and nope!

I have been printed and cleared by almost every acronym and MIB agencies around.  DHS/CBP, FBI, CIA, ATF, just about every SO in AZ, AZDPS, most local jurisdictions in the Valley, a bunch of others in the W US.  

I honestly think that helped me get my last two tax stamps in under 3 months...

• Like 1

Another thing I'm against,  paying to exercise my 2A right.  That's what's coming next. A tax to own a firearm.  The whole system is jacked and I won't get fingerprinted or pay a BS tax to own a accessory of a firearm.

Just got off the phone with Mr. Silencer in Mesa.  They got Thunderbeast Dominus CB in stock 2 weeks ago, and Ultra 7 and Ultra 9s in on Monday......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

Working for any Gov group, Def contractor, Banking, CCW, or traveling international means they have all your info, a lot more than fingerprints. Frankly, I worry a lot more about social media and hackers getting info and doing bad things, the Gov has it or can get it whenever they want.  

57 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Just got off the phone with Mr. Silencer in Mesa.  They got Thunderbeast Dominus CB in stock 2 weeks ago, and Ultra 7 and Ultra 9s in on Monday......

Jasper17 walked in to buy it 10 minutes after you bought it.