Sign in to follow this  
Jasper17

Suppressors

3 minutes ago, cactusjack said:

Jasper17 walked in to buy it 10 minutes after you bought it. 

No kidding?   Glad my phone call went through from the mountaintop I am on!!!

Like I said in the store, look at your budget, how you want to use it, how much you shoot. I like thunder beast, and if I were a competitive shooter I'd probably shoot TB.  I'm a hunter/plinker.  I mostly shoot Silencerco.   I have suppressors from 4 other manufacturers,  1 of which is not in business anymore.  I have 6 Harvesters.  I like the weight, the brake on the end, the performance and the cost.  They are longer than I'd like, but that's my only negative. They are aluminum,  not titanium.  That's not a negative for me.  

2 gun option

Option A

1 tthinder beast  1250.00

2nd mount              150.00

1 stamp.                  200.00

Total.                    1600.00

Option B

1 silencerco  harvester300.     580.00

1 silencerco  harvester300.     580.00

2 direct thread alpha mounts. 150.00

2 tax stamps.                              400.00

Total.                                          1710.00

• Like 1

7 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

Maybe I've turned somewhat conspiracy theorist, but I'm not sure I am willing to give prints to the FBI... After everything I've seen these past few years, that's the last agency I'm trying to give anything willingly too.

Lol if you don’t think they know everything about you or exactly where to find you whenever they want already.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rcdinaz said:

Working for any Gov group, Def contractor, Banking, CCW, or traveling international means they have all your info, a lot more than fingerprints. Frankly, I worry a lot more about social media and hackers getting info and doing bad things, the Gov has it or can get it whenever they want.  

I don't have any of that!

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Lol if you don’t think they know everything about you or exactly where to find you whenever they want already.

Has nothing to do with what they know about me.  

Well I will say Cactus Jack was informative and a pleasure to talk to as well as the entire staff so check them out. I still have to decide which one with so many options, I wanted the Thunderbeast Dominus but they sold out Grrrr. and it cost about $120 to have it transferred if you buy elsewhere versus in stock. 

northAZarcher, I get what you're saying but if you do want to buy a gun or anything like this you are going to be known. It is very hard with all of the technology to stay off grid. Your on the computer so you are being checked out.

• Like 1

Cactus Jack are you guys going to get another Dominus in stock

I bought two, a Silecerco Omega and a Dakota 3.0. Both are .308 cans and mostly used on .223's. The Omega has the quick detach assembly and the Dakota is direct thread.

Both are excellent at minimizing sound and recoil. Both move my POI by 4-6" at 100 yards in different directions. No change in accuracy on either. I like the Omega better since it's an inch shorter. I don't use the quick detach as it didn't balance on my guns well. 

I'm old enough to have hearing loss and won't shoot a gun without hearing protection or a suppressor. Coyote hunting is so much better with a suppressor as well. I highly recommend either suppressor listed above. These were purchased 4 years ago and I had to wait 13 months for each, best money and time I've spent on anything for hunting or shooting.

8 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

Another thing I'm against,  paying to exercise my 2A right.  That's what's coming next. A tax to own a firearm.  The whole system is jacked and I won't get fingerprinted or pay a BS tax to own a accessory of a firearm.

I am kind of on the fence with this.  If it keeps weapons out of the hands of criminals, I am not against it.  

3 hours ago, Jasper17 said:

Thanks Lance you just beat me.

I heard!  I went down after work and paid for it.  I think I beat you by like 15 minutes.  

I called and the kid told me they had one and I was already driving so I didn't think to have him hold it. When they told me they just sold it I almost grenaded on more than one person in there oh well I will find one somewhere 

2 hours ago, Jasper17 said:

Cactus Jack are you guys going to get another Dominus in stock

You can get on the wait list and they will search for one, and contact you when it arrives.  They did that for my Ultra 9.  Took a few weeks.