atwoodbeer

January Archery - Cactus, No Immigrants, Camp at Road

We knew y'all were from outta state when you asked for cactus.

After looking at snow and conifer forest all winter in Montana, it is nice to have a break from it.   I just looked it up, and Montana has four species of cactus.   I've seen two of them.  Never more than a foot tall and in low concentrations.  

4 minutes ago, atwoodbeer said:

After looking at snow and conifer forest all winter in Montana, it is nice to have a break from it.   I just looked it up, and Montana has four species of cactus.   I've seen two of them.  Never more than a foot tall and in low concentrations.  

Now look at deserts in AZ. We have four distinct deserts, each with it's own flora; cacti. You've been mostly talking about the Chihuahuan Desert. There's an imaginary line east of Tucson that runs south dividing The Chihuahuan Desert from the Sonoran Desert.

Depending on how you enter and exit AZ, you could hit all four of our deserts.

Not just a western thing prickly pear cactus grow in some of the sandier areas of southern Wisconsin!  Had more than a few flats on our dirt bikes from them.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 7:48 PM, knothead said:

Stay north of I-10 and you should be good.  The illegals are probably just waiting for the next president to be sworn in and then they can come across and be met with open arms.

They usually get picked up on the 8 and 10 to be shipped off into the interior of the U.S., so you won't see too many unless you find yourself outside a Home Depot early in the morning.

19 minutes ago, Firewater Forge said:

They usually get picked up on the 8 and 10 to be shipped off into the interior of the U.S., so you won't see too many unless you find yourself outside a Home Depot early in the morning.

Wtf are you talking about? Did you read about Arizona once in national geographic?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Wtf are you talking about? Did you read about Arizona once in national geographic?

Don't worry. Hes seen a coues deer in Az. He's a pro.

If you’re from Montana you should reach out to AZGFD and see if they will sponsor you and a bunch of buddies to the tune of $60k. Maybe you could make a YouTube video.

13 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Dude, what is your problem? In your world everyone has to agree with you? You need to dial it back some.

12 minutes ago, Firewater Forge said:

Dude, what is your problem? In your world everyone has to agree with you? You need to dial it back some.

Kevin can't dial it back. He is fully out and fabulous. 

BTW check into 24b. Best unit in the state. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, idgaf said:

Kevin can't dial it back. He is fully out and fabulous. 

BTW check into 24b. Best unit in the state. 

Fabulous, huh? That may explain it some.

Thanks for the tip on 24b. As it stands I have enough points for a guaranteed draw next time I put in for one.

13 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Lol

Dude, F. Forge has lived in AZ a lot longer than you've been alive.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Firewater Forge said:

Fabulous, huh? That may explain it some.

Thanks for the tip on 24b. As it stands I have enough points for a guaranteed draw next time I put in for one.

Bring your mountain boots and low expectations. That unit gets pounded by the local crowd + PHX folks. It’s steep and there are bucks but it’s a miserable buck:doe ratio. You’ll glass 30-40 does to turn up an average buck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Firewater Forge said:

My bad i guess. Thought for sure you were gonna start making posts with links to other websites...