codyhuntsaz

WTB 2008 or newer Toyota Sequoia 4x4

I was looking into them as well when I was  trying to find a 4th Gen 4Runner (wound up with an 08).  The issue that I was seeing in the earlier Sequioa’s (Think was around 2001-2007, but dates are probably off here) were transmission issues that were pretty common.  Just do the research on the dates to avoid potential problems.  Maybe you already have, hence the 08 and newer?   

Love my lifted 4Runner, the Sequioa’s look nice lifted as well and would have been happy with either. 

My wife is considering selling her 2014 Sequoia, Platinum trim package, 95k miles, 4wd. Has Toyota warranty until 125k miles or 9/2022.  She was offered $28,000 for it on trade, would sell it for $29,000.  I think we are the 3rd owner.  It’s black with brown leather interior.  Too nice for a hunting rig in my opinion though.  

1 hour ago, twigsnapper said:

My wife is considering selling her 2014 Sequoia, Platinum trim package, 95k miles, 4wd. Has Toyota warranty until 125k miles or 9/2022.  She was offered $28,000 for it on trade, would sell it for $29,000.  I think we are the 3rd owner.  It’s black with brown leather interior.  Too nice for a hunting rig in my opinion though.  

You’re right, sounds a little too nice to take into coues country. And about 7k more than I’m looking to spend. Thanks though! 

9 hours ago, stalkincoues said:

I was looking into them as well when I was  trying to find a 4th Gen 4Runner (wound up with an 08).  The issue that I was seeing in the earlier Sequioa’s (Think was around 2001-2007, but dates are probably off here) were transmission issues that were pretty common.  Just do the research on the dates to avoid potential problems.  Maybe you already have, hence the 08 and newer?   

Love my lifted 4Runner, the Sequioa’s look nice lifted as well and would have been happy with either. 

Did you end up buying the 4Runner from a dealer or a private party? I picked 08 and newer to get the bigger 5.7L motor. 

I bought from a private party.  He was  in Tucson and found on Craigslist.  People asking very high prices, way over KBB.  Seems everyone took KBB and added 3K to 8K+ to that price.  I lucked out and got mine for about 1K under KBB.

I had to look for quite a while though and sift through many ads.  Also had found a fair amount of 4Runners and Sequoias on offer up as well.  At least with the Sequioas they are typically more reasonably priced than the 4Runners in my searches.

Do you plan on towing with it?  My 4Runner with the 4.0 V6 has plenty of power even with 33” tires and the V8 4.7 would do even better.  I don’t tow with mine though yet so it may be a dog now that I lifted it.