range finder

who makes the best range finder? leupold makes the ones that figger the angle for ya and all that. but i've heard they are real labor intensive to figger out. bushnell makes one that looks pretty good. goes to like 1500 yds and all that. figgers the angle too. but it's a bushnell and they don't have a super reputation. i've had good luck with the bushnell stuff i have had, but anyway. leica makes a good one but i've bought good horses with a saddle for less than they want for one o' them things. anybuddy have any comments? lemee know what your experience with em is and lets have us a discussion. Lark.

Swarovski.....END OF DISCUSSION! Stay away from Leupold.....the only other LRF I'd recommend would be Leica.

My vote is for leica. The lrf or crf. Seems to me like those work more consistantly than the geovids. The geovids are great when they are working good. They rarely want to work well for me at long ranges. I have never used a swaro. for small pocket sized i have an old nikon 600 i like

I have the Bushnell 1500 with ARC and it works great. I'm able to get consistant reads of all objects out to 1100 yards and I've gotten what I believe to be accurate reads out to 1400 yards off of reflective objects. In rifle mode the ARC will tell you your hold over in inches. This feature does require some setup. The book has a trajectory table - you find the entry that most closely matches your choice of ammo - you load that setting to the range finder and based on that it will calculate your hold over. It actually works pretty well. The only draw back I've found with it is it's a little larger than I would like. It's just a touch big to fit in my leg pocket on my camo. It will fit but it's a bit of a struggle to get it in and out.

I have the Leica 900... It work fantastic. Lark, if youre not too proud to use a used one, they can be had for a decent price used. I think I paid something like $220 from a member on this board.

I have the Leica 900 also they are Great. There Bino's are second to Swarovski Jab Jab! :lol: :P But there range finders work great.

I have the Leica 900... It work fantastic. Lark, if youre not too proud to use a used one, they can be had for a decent price used. I think I paid something like $220 from a member on this board.

Wanna sale it for 200 bones :rolleyes:

:lol:

I've had the Leica lrf 900 for 5 years and I have never had any problems and it has never failed read unless it is over 998 yards. Battery, a 9volt, lasts a long time as well.

Whatcha need a rangey fer anyhu? dontcha just lick yur thum and hold it out and squint one eye??

:ph34r:

Swarovski.....END OF DISCUSSION! Stay away from Leupold.....the only other LRF I'd recommend would be Leica.

+1

+2

+3

So I guess my Nikon 1200 yd RF just wont cut it. Other than the fact that it is crystal clear, dead on accurate, and costs about half as much!! Folks who work for a living and who dont have much money to toss around can still make it work. :) :) I say get the best you can afford, strapping your family to get a Swarovski or Leica RF just dosen't make much sence to me.

hope I dont offend anyone

Be safe ;)

So I guess my Nikon 1200 yd RF just wont cut it. Other than the fact that it is crystal clear, dead on accurate, and costs about half as much!! Folks who work for a living and who dont have much money to toss around can still make it work. :) :) I say get the best you can afford, strapping your family to get a Swarovski or Leica RF just dosen't make much sence to me.

hope I dont offend anyone

Be safe ;)

:( :angry: :( :angry: :(

JK ;)

Saving my pennies for a CRF 1200

Lot of pennies :(