Sign in to follow this  
RodinAZ

Stuck Suppressor adapter removal

I was out shooting this past weekend and had my Thunderbeast 30 BA suppressor attached and when I unscrewed it, the brake came along with it. I surmised the only way to remove it now would be to locate a 5/8-24 bolt and nut, tighten them down and back it out. 

I've looked at hardware stores, lowes and home depot but no one has that thread, even online I was unsuccessful finding a bolt/nut combo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

16102997535666083418990322590925.jpg

Or loctite the brake back on your barrel and then try and unscrew it once the loctite dries. Or soak it in solvent before you do that, usually my cans get a little difficult to remove when the threads are dirty so you have to keep an eye on that.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 10:30 AM, BBud said:

Or loctite the brake back on your barrel and then try and unscrew it once the loctite dries. Or soak it in solvent before you do that, usually my cans get a little difficult to remove when the threads are dirty so you have to keep an eye on that.

This. 

Had it happen to me a couple weeks ago.  TBAC CB too.  Cleaned the threads on the rifle and in the CB, applied a drop of red Loctite to the threads and installed.  Left it overnight.  Next day, came off fine.  Cleaned the threads of the CB and can, applied a touch of Froglube paste to the threads and mating surface.  

I install and remove my cans multiple times weekly.  Only happened once in probably 500 install/removals.

• Like 2