Sign in to follow this  
brent

12ga SxS T. Barker

I have an old T. Barker 12 ga that I wouldn't mind selling to get something nicer. These were made from sometime in the 1890's - 1910's in Belgium. It has Damascus barrels, so its limited to shooting black powder loads. Some might say not to shoot it at all. One barrel has a very small dent that does not affect the pattern it throws. 

To go with it, I have 25 full length brass shells and I can also supply load data. Its pretty simple to load them up, you just pour in the black powder, over shot card, cushion wad, lead shot or bismuth, and over shot card. The only tool you need is a short wooden dowel rod to fit in the shell as a compactor. They have never needed resizing. You can get the cushion wads and cards from Ballistic Products or Dixie Gun works.

I will take $300 for the double and shells.

post-8571-0-71257500-1404772356.jpg

• Like 6

Still for sale! I found some reloading components to go with it. All you will need is some BP, shotshell primers, and shot. No special equipment necessary to load the shells. I Recommend buying the ballistic products guide to BP shotshell reloading for data.

969E166C-E6B0-44CF-9AC2-ACD991CE85F6.jpeg

Free bump for a cool old gun.

If it were percussion I'd be on it like white on rice.

Quite certain I saw the 12ga wads needed for reloading these at Sportsmans. If you're on the west side and buy this I'll give you a pound of BP and 5 pounds of lead shot, free.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Calhuon said:

I need that. 3 hr drive but I'm thinking

I'm heading to east side of Tucson tomorrow....

1 hour ago, brent said:

I am located in Chandler. Not sure when I will be down that way next.

If he wanted it he could zelle or pay pal you the money and pick it up from me right off I-10 and Houghton. Pretty sure Calhoun is around Sonoita or Sahaurita.