Elkhunter1

The Swhack Attack Continues!

My brother Robert came back down to look for the Mulie buck we glassed up last weekend when I filled my Javelina tag.  

We decided to sit a water source we found.  We got to our spot well before daylight and sat in the Ranger talking of hunts past.  After getting my Barronett Ground Pounder blind set up he moved the Ranger back a couple hundred yards.  

We continued our talk of yesteryear for a little while as we both thought we would not see much in the early morning hours, we'll that didn't happen.  

I just started to film a woodpecker when he whispered, "deer....buck" and the heart started pounding.  I filmed as he slowly walked in and started to get a drink.  

Roberts shot was off a little but with the Swhacker broadheads that few inches didn't matter the buck didn't make it 40 yards leaving a highway of blood.

After taking care of his buck we decided to sit a while longer and see if another would grace us with his presence.  A few hours later we spotted a Javelina on the ridge above coming in to get a drink.  Suddenly he turns about face and Trott off. At that point we could hear two guys talking as if they were 20 yards apart walking down the two-track.  After a few words with them they continue on.  

A little after noon we decide to head in and take care of his buck.  Driving out we jump up a real nice 4x4, so I bail out and give chase. I got about 90 yards before he dropped into a wash and disappeared.  

All in all a great day.  Robert and have just recently gotten back to hunting together and this day makes #9, we have been successful 7 of those 9 days bringing home Mule Deer, Coues Deer, and Javelina.

Here is the video.

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG950335.jpg

IMG950336.jpg

20210109_082228.jpg

20210109_082237.jpg

20210109_083422.jpg

• Like 15
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 1

Congrats and nice video! Looks like an exit wound from a rifle! Glad you guys have reconnected and able to hunt together more often...

• Like 1

Great video,and what a hole.Congrats to all involved.

• Like 1