Sign in to follow this  
justinspe25

2021 24A/24B Youth

Taking my boys out to 24B next week to hunt some pigs. Will be doing some scouting this weekend out between Queen Valley and Superior. Any suggestions?

I’ve been out in that country several times over the last couple of weeks. It’s been tough sledding for me. We’ll have the boys out next weekend but I am likely starting from scratch.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 5:49 PM, cbarber13 said:

I can't help with B, but I have a spot in A. 

Shoot me a PM if you want. Thx

On 1/15/2021 at 1:59 PM, AzDiamondHeat said:

I can tell where to look for them in 24a. But its more of a drive than you have stated.

Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!

On 1/24/2021 at 8:05 AM, Mr September said:

Interesting. Is this normal for the area? I haven't hunted 24B in close to 15 years.

First weekend down. Found herd, had 1 shot, 1 miss, but it was fun. Having a hard to time finding them for the most part with the rain rolling all day yesterday. Seems like I have only ever seen them in the mornings. Curious if others have success in the evening hunting javelina? We'll try again throughout the week and weekend. Thanks again to those who provided tips!

56 minutes ago, justinspe25 said:

First weekend down. Found herd, had 1 shot, 1 miss, but it was fun. Having a hard to time finding them for the most part with the rain rolling all day yesterday. Seems like I have only ever seen them in the mornings. Curious if others have success in the evening hunting javelina? We'll try again throughout the week and weekend. Thanks again to those who provided tips!

I have shot one of my biggest pigs about 15 minutes before sundown. The walk back to the truck was in the dark with no flashlight. I knew about where the truck was and walked right up to it. I have shot them all hours of the day.

• Like 1

Well that's good news. I have found pigs to be FAR more crepuscular than they are generally rumored to be. I know this, the guys with the whole: "They won't even be on their feet until 10" thing... You just keep doing that. Makes it nice stalking herd after herd at the first crack of light all alone. LMAO! (And yes I have killed several pigs over the years in the evening. It fact last years was within the last few minutes of light.

• Like 1

I seemed to find a good looking spots and get there and can’t find! They seemed to go in a black hole this week! We have 4 more days to keep trying.