bowhunter-tw

Timney trigger- worth it?

I have a browning xbolt HC Speed 308 with a factory trigger that has a lighter spring installed. The trigger is light and crisp but I think I am still pulling the rifle and it shows at longer ranges. I have a howa 1500 and think I prefer its two stage style trigger better than the (what I assume to be) single stage break on the x bolt. Maybe I am not using the right technique to pull the trigger or something. How would a timney trigger compare to the stock modified xbolt trigger? Would it be a worthy upgrade or do I just need to learn proper trigger technique? 

like to hear yall’s opinion... thanks!

Haven’t done one on an XBolt, but have on an Abolt.  All it was is a spring.  Worked out well.  I would say do it.  I like Timney, they are a local company and I have them in most of my rifles.  Their Ruger triggers are no good, but I think that’s Rugers fault.

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER said:

Worth every penny IMO

What he said.  I don't have any experience with browning rifles, but i have dropped timneys in multiple Rem 700s, win 70s, a few mauser 98s, as well as a couple of older savage 110s.  huge improvement in all cases.

3 hours ago, Saguaro said:

Haven’t done one on an XBolt, but have on an Abolt.  All it was is a spring.  Worked out well.  I would say do it.  I like Timney, they are a local company and I have them in most of my rifles.  Their Ruger triggers are no good, but I think that’s Rugers fault.

I believe that Timney offers a complete drop in trigger assembly for the X-Bolt vs only a spring kit for the A-Bolt.

*Jard does make a drop in trigger for both.

• Like 1

I’m going to have to look at Jard a little more.   I seem to gloss over them but I hear that name more and more lately.

I will have to vote for the trigger tech special, simply awesome!

Timney are great triggers.  I have 4 of the Calvin Elite models, all at 8oz.  Crisp, clean, all but one have zero creep.  One has just a hair of creep that I cannot get out.  Not bad, and on a rifle I don't shoot a lot anyway.  Great for loaning to family/friends when we go hunting together.  I have had several other 510/512s over the years.