Sign in to follow this  
savagman

Market for Game Charcuterie

Just wondeering what you guys and gals think.  All processors seems to offer essentially the same in the way of sausage, jerky, snack sticks, etc.  I find myself wanting products that bridge the gap between breakfast, snacks and dinner.  I eat a lot of summer sausage sandwiches but am pursuing more choices.

Would game processing for the following products interest you?

Salami

Bologna

Corned Venison

Bierwurst

Pastrami

Hot dogs

Mortadella

I followed the bradley smoker Salami recipe and it is great.  Hot dogs are more work but a favorite.  They are next on my to try list.

-29053908540845535.jpg

• Like 2

That summer sausage looks scrumpious. The last mule deer I killed was in Colo. about 10-12 yrs. ago. I had the local processor in Wellington make the entire thing into two different kinds of summer sausages; one with and one without jalapeno. Both were delicious, but the one with the jalapeno was the best. 

P.S.: I had to look up the word "charcuterie." Now I feel less ignorant. 😂 Thanks for that. 

Snacks, sandwiches, breakfast meats are all good. How about something in the Italian/Sicilian group? Like pepperoni or calabrese or cacciatore. All great spicy dry sausages and good on homemade pizzas and calzones.

My $0.02 

AZ not ideal climate for dry cured meats.  I am planning an old fridge retrofit to control temp and humidity.  I left skin on a few crane breasts to try prosciutto.  Bresaola is also on the list.

1 minute ago, CJNAZ said:

Snacks, sandwiches, breakfast meats are all good. How about something in the Italian/Sicilian group? Like pepperoni or calabrese or cacciatore. All great spicy dry sausages and good on homemade pizzas and calzones.

My $0.02 

agreed.  more time involved but great use of game and extended enjoyment of the harvest