Outdoor Writer

Duwane's Hunter Killed a Monster

8 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Apparently too far for you according to some.  The only reason to ever miss with a bow is because the shot was too far... SMFH.

Its like some guys only hunt online and never really get out in the field.  A real bowhunter knows that misses happen, bad shots happen.  Sometimes guys do shoot beyond their capabilities, but sometimes shitt just happens.  To assume a bad shot was due to distance is unfair and only tries to further divide hunters.  

I wish I had that ice that flows thru some guys veins!  Then again, if it only comes down to making a bowshot and not taking in adrenaline into the equation, id probably stop bowhunting.  The day I lose that feeling, I'm gonna hang it up.  

I didn’t assume anything. I asked how far the shot was. Big deer make people make bad decisions.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Reason for asking the distance?

Because he decided to come on here and tried to make his buddy out to be a victim of the big evil guide service. Since he decided to make his hunt a public discourse I wanted to know if he lobbed an arrow from 93 yds because he got excited about a giant buck. 

Because if I watched someone lob an arrow from an obscene distance and whack a deer in the arse I wouldn’t be inclined to help him recover it either.

So go ahead and spare me the sh it happens line. We all know that. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

When I pay a guide I hope he finds me a wounded buck that is slowed down enough so my fat butt can get to 20 yards, so I can take an ethical shot with in my range. Then my guide can cogratulate me as a guy who really "earned" it. Then I can take it to the Taxi and get a life-sized for my den and in the evenings I can drink a single malt and proudly look at my rack and think what a great hunter I am for only taking ethical shots at wounded trophy deer and think about that poor slob hunter and what a $hitty shot he is and how he probably never misses a forky. I tell you what you got to have nerves of steel to call yourself a wounded trophy deer hunter......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Not the same but puring an iron and making the putt is pretty sweet 

I played that silly game for 40 years till my back went south.  Only thing it’s  good for is drinking beer  with friends and making DA bets. Not a bad thing, mind you. But no where near the rush of “ kill mode”: whether you’ the one pulling the trigger  or release, or helping make that moment happen. Not dissing you pasture pool fans in any way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

Because he decided to come on here and tried to make his buddy out to be a victim of the big evil guide service. Since he decided to make his hunt a public discourse I wanted to know if he lobbed an arrow from 93 yds because he got excited about a giant buck. 

Because if I watched someone lob an arrow from an obscene distance and whack a deer in the arse I wouldn’t be inclined to help him recover it either.

So go ahead and spare me the sh it happens line. We all know that. 

So you want to confirm your suspicions?  Gotcha....  

59 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

I played that silly game for 40 years till my back went south.  Only thing it’s  good for is drinking beer  with friends and making DA bets. Not a bad thing, mind you. But no where near the rush of “ kill mode”: whether you’ the one pulling the trigger  or release, or helping make that moment happen. Not dissing you pasture pool fans in any way.

Your swing makes my back hurt! haha

5 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

So you want to confirm your suspicions?  Gotcha....  

Play stupid games...win stupid prizes.

12 hours ago, bobbyo said:

When I pay a guide I hope he finds me a wounded buck that is slowed down enough so my fat butt can get to 20 yards, so I can take an ethical shot with in my range. Then my guide can cogratulate me as a guy who really "earned" it. Then I can take it to the Taxi and get a life-sized for my den and in the evenings I can drink a single malt and proudly look at my rack and think what a great hunter I am for only taking ethical shots at wounded trophy deer and think about that poor slob hunter and what a $hitty shot he is and how he probably never misses a forky. I tell you what you got to have nerves of steel to call yourself a wounded trophy deer hunter......

9653BAA3-FF43-423E-B172-1AC027737E58.thumb.jpeg.e9909e0c20a6d5ea5741b25c844f31ae.jpeg

I shot this buck with a guide.  He had been wounded by another hunter and had a broad head in him when we skinned him.  One of the most exciting hunts of my entire life.  My brother is in the pic and helped walk me in on him.  I’m sitting here drinking coffee and looking at the mount as we speak (I don’t like scotch).  Did I earn it?  Should I throw the mount in the garbage?  I guess I should go ahead and call myself a “wounded trophy deer hunter”.  

• Like 7
  • Great Buck! 1

heck, I’d have business cards made up with that description if it helped me legally kill a buck that big! That’s a beast!

I killed a buck in Iowa hunting with an outfitter that had a broad head in his shoulder that apparently made him walk pretty stiff legged,  so I guess I’m a wounded deer hunter as well.  Mine was a trophy to me, and apparently someone else thought he was worth shooting too.

I'm not opposed to shooting a wounded animal at all, however, if that guide talked to the hunters that are legitimately trying to track it down that day and you dont tell where it is, then there's a problem.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Riesop said:

I'm not opposed to shooting a wounded animal at all, however, if that guide talked to the hunters that are legitimately trying to track it down that day and you dont tell where it is, then there's a problem.

Doesn’t get much lower than that.