Outdoor Writer

Duwane's Hunter Killed a Monster

20 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

NR posting you tube videos on OTC hunts is worser 

Not even the same category, one I don’t like to because I don’t wanna be overrun with nonresidents, the other is just flat out wrong and unethical. More power to the guys that wounded the buck, if I knew someone was deliberately keeping info like that from me it’d get ugly real quick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dustin25 said:

Not even the same category, one I don’t like to because I don’t wanna be overrun with nonresidents, the other is just flat out wrong and unethical. More power to the guys that wounded the buck, if I knew someone was deliberately keeping info like that from me it’d get ugly real quick.

Agreed. Both are bad for hunting. I glassed up a guy crawling on the ground in camo one year. I thought he was stalking a deer. Until I realised he didnt have a bow. He was following a blood trail. I hiked in to help. As I Approached the guy was literally crying and saying how his dad and brother are going to be pissed he messed up the shot. Then he got defensive that I was going to try to shoot it. I was on my way. 

Possible kev sighting? I dont know

On 1/21/2021 at 2:00 PM, high rise hunter said:

I think Lance nailed it here. 

Bummer for your buddy. I'm sure he'd give a left nut to have that arrow back. 

I agree with this assessment.  you had your chance and blew it.   they were hunting that buck too.  I'm sure if the buck would have died and they knew where it was they'd put you on it...but if it's alive it's fair game.  

I also think you're co mingling different issues around guides, helpers etc.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the point of this post.  It kind of reminds me of CNN....they touch on an issue and then bring up a bunch of other shoot to amplify, redirect, deflect, etc.    If the hunter had a guide, 3 guides, 3 buddies helping, etc...what difference does it make for this situation?   Quit judging how others enjoy hunting.  you can do it your way, they can do it theirs.  If they don't have a problem paying $5k to drive around or whatever what business is it of yours?  Focus on positive things and more importantly worry about yours and yourself.

Tough situation for you guys but you got to be a man about it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Agreed. Both are bad for hunting. I glassed up a guy crawling on the ground in camo one year. I thought he was stalking a deer. Until I realised he didnt have a bow. He was following a blood trail. I hiked in to help. As I Approached the guy was literally crying and saying how his dad and brother are going to be pissed he messed up the shot. Then he got defensive that I was going to try to shoot it. I was on my way. 

Possible kev sighting? I dont know

Kev sighting?

On 1/22/2021 at 11:10 PM, NOTAGS said:

I played that silly game for 40 years till my back went south.  Only thing it’s  good for is drinking beer  with friends and making DA bets. Not a bad thing, mind you. But no where near the rush of “ kill mode”: whether you’ the one pulling the trigger  or release, or helping make that moment happen. Not dissing you pasture pool fans in any way.

Could You quote that in English Sir Some of us are not as Elegant with our vocabulary and comprehension as  You. Thanks ...............BOB!

7 hours ago, oz31p said:

Who’s Duwane?

LOL!  If You ever met Him You would be a better man. Can't find a nicer Human Being. ( not saying your not) And we're not even talking hunting yet......................BOB!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, naturebob said:

LOL!  If You ever met Him You would be a better man. Can't find a nicer Human Being. ( not saying your not) And we're not even talking hunting yet......................BOB!

+1

10 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

It’s the notion that you cry all the time and wear heels.

Ahh, i forgot about the crying.  

On 1/21/2021 at 9:46 PM, Flatlander said:

So how far was the shot that wounded the deer in the arse?

No clue. All I knew was Duwane missing the buck Friday with a client then Bret and the client killing it on Tuesday... someone sent me this thread and was flabbergasted by the story that was being told. 

On 1/23/2021 at 9:59 AM, yotebuster said:

9653BAA3-FF43-423E-B172-1AC027737E58.thumb.jpeg.e9909e0c20a6d5ea5741b25c844f31ae.jpeg

I shot this buck with a guide.  He had been wounded by another hunter and had a broad head in him when we skinned him.  One of the most exciting hunts of my entire life.  My brother is in the pic and helped walk me in on him.  I’m sitting here drinking coffee and looking at the mount as we speak (I don’t like scotch).  Did I earn it?  Should I throw the mount in the garbage?  I guess I should go ahead and call myself a “wounded trophy deer hunter”.  

Great response. I love the couch quarterbacks that call all the great plays while others actually get out there and take the reps. Congrats, that’s a tremendous accomplishment right there. 

18 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Doesn’t get much lower than that. 

Would be nice to hear the guides version of that story. Most guides I run into seem like pretty good dudes. Are there some turds absolutely, there’s also turd DIY hunters. Why wait 3 days to kill the wounded buck, why not walk right in Saturday afternoon and kill him since they supposedly knew where he was at and the buck was so wounded he could have just finished him off then. Hoping my sarcasm was really felt through this response. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 11:10 PM, HuntHarder said:

Your swing makes my back hurt! haha

My swing ruined Tiger Woods back as well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1