Elkhunter1

Trail camera rule changes!

I found this news report in the potential rules changes with regard to the use of trail cameras. Pay close attention to Kurt Davis's interview.  With all the research they themselves do using trail cameras they should have the answer to his statement.

They are not being truthful with the public!!!!

The main take a way here is, they think is harms the routines wildlife have with us always checking the cameras. We need to tell them we would be checking those same spots for other sign, if tracks, or scat without the cameras being placed there.

https://kvoa.com/news/2021/01/13/have-a-trail-camera-arizona-game-fish-might-be-changing-a-rule-but-they-want-your-input-first/

Davis is a big shot wanabe.  He got him self on TV.  He did this on Tucson TV to get the leftists animal rights nuts wound up so they would come out for his agenda.  Tin horn phoney.  

Guides are the problem so guides should be restricted, not average Joe.

• Like 6

I don't think they actually it affects wildlife routines, so much as they are using that as a plausible sounding justification.

• Like 3

Like someone stated. If they think it'll be less traffic at waterhole, wrong.

Everyone I've ever seen , look for tracks and sign by walking around the tank and the different routes/trails the animals use.

Most checking cameras , do just that. Dont waste time, they pull card and change it!  , in and out. 

Yes way to many cameras in some units.

To ban all cameras for so called harvesting an animal is total B.S.

• Like 4

I can't wait until they ban them!  Just went a drinker yesterday in 20c that had 6 cams on it.  Guy goes out 3 days in 3 months to check cards and knows all animals hitting that tank for those 3 months.  Poor deer can't even come in to drink at night without their privacy being invaded! 😂 

• Like 3

It ain't going to change anything I do I just won't kill any of the animals I get on cam.  No science behind any ban for hunting 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I can't wait until they ban them!  Just went a drinker yesterday in 20c that had 6 cams on it.  Guy goes out 3 days in 3 months to check cards and knows all animals hitting that tank for those 3 months.  Poor deer can't even come in to drink at night without their privacy being invaded! 😂 

Must be a big buck there 

1 hour ago, TOBY said:

saw a cell phone game camera on a drinker in 20c last week.

The G&F Already can't enforce the limited rule on trail cameras, how are they going to with the users being multiplied by 10?

• Like 1

Community policing.  They can't catch every poacher either, but you are ok with that law, or should we eliminate it because they can't 100% enforce it?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HuntHarder said:

Community policing.  They can't catch every poacher either, but you are ok with that law, or should we eliminate it because they can't 100% enforce it?

The thieving of cams? 

Just thinking more like, guys incriminate themselves all the time.  They can't resist the urge to post pictures online or tell their buddies about their trail cam pics.