Elkhunter1

Trail camera rule changes!

Hahaha Exactly!  I just need to iron out the details of the hunt.  i.e daytime vs. nighttime, which camo pattern works best, face paint or no face paint, silent sneakers or just regular ole' boots, the best cover scents, When the peak of the hunt is.  So many details to figure out. 

19 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Hahaha Exactly!  I just need to iron out the details of the hunt.  i.e daytime vs. nighttime, which camo pattern works best, face paint or no face paint, silent sneakers or just regular ole' boots, the best cover scents, When the peak of the hunt is.  So many details to figure out. 

Let's ban face paint, cover scents and camo. Call Biden, you may get an Executive order signed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Take some time to learn areas they like to hang out. I hear they like waterholes. Id start there.

15 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

It's not ok now.  Stealing is always wrong. 

Protesting, breaking glass, spray painting, destroying other peoples property appears to be legal now days.  So,  I would assume if you destroy or "take" illegal cameras then the law would look the other way. 

Wildlife Managers are the most under paid law enforcement officers in the state.  There is only one for each unit.  There primary concern is wildlife managing not camera managing.  

Camera managing is a fools errand by the head fools.  

• Like 1

Fun replies guys.  But really, what do you really think about this issue and what did you send to the G&F?  I know not everyone agrees with my opinion, and that is OK.  I would just like to know the arguments for banning non-networked cameras.

5 hours ago, Whitesheep said:

Fun replies guys.  But really, what do you really think about this issue and what did you send to the G&F?  I know not everyone agrees with my opinion, and that is OK.  I would just like to know the arguments for banning non-networked cameras.

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm writing to you in regards to the proposed trail camera ban.  I understand that there has been some conflict and controversy over this issue.  Perhaps I am misinformed, and I hope you'll correct me if I am, but my understanding is that this issue is largely contributed to by guides and/or outfitters using large fleets of cameras and hired scouters while conducting commercial activities on public land.  If this is the case, I don't think it's appropriate to pass laws that are punitive to weekend hunters, most of whom have very few cameras, if any.  

I personally am a small business owner and normally have very little time to hunt, sometimes getting only a couple days to hunt per season.  While I certainly can still hunt without them, I find them to be a very enjoyable activity in their own right, and quite frankly I don't think they increase my success rate.  If anything, they've lessened it, as when I get a picture of a nice animal on a camera it helps me to hold my fire on smaller juvenile animals.  As I mentioned, I have very limited time so I've never been one to be a real picky "trophy hunter", but I've found that since I started using cameras it's much easier to let spikes and fork horned deer walk by unmolested.  It's also a fun family activity.  My kids love going for hikes and looking for new spots and then later checking pictures to see what we find.  I think it's a great activity for hunter recruitment and retention.  

In addition to these personal points, I believe Game & Fish may be bypassing a very valuable research opportunity here.  As an organization, you often ask hunters to give feedback through harvest surveys, etc.  I also recall some surveys about turkey & bear sightings in the past.  Why not create a page on your website where people can give you pictures and very accurate locational information about animals you're interested in?  I live in unit 20A south of Prescott, I've got pictures, date and GPS coordinates of bears, lions, and turkeys in this unit that I've found with trail cameras, all of which I'm more than willing to share.

In closing, if the real issue here is conflicts that arise from commercial entities, then why not hold them responsible on their own?  It's common practice to hold businesses to different standards in this country, via taxation & zoning, waste disposal, etc.  Please don't hold the hobbyist to count for the excess of the professionals.  

Thank you for your time.
  • Like 1

This all about success rates.

we have no way to steer this thing. If you think you have any input on what g&f does On this topic you are mistaken.

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Nah this is about feelings. 

Right, the feelings of whom ever started this fiasco and lost the first time.  He must prove that he is smart and right.  Big egos create bad laws.  

It is and will always be the unethical people making the money that are the problem and they and only they need controlling.

On 1/15/2021 at 4:18 PM, HuntHarder said:

Community policing.  They can't catch every poacher either, but you are ok with that law, or should we eliminate it because they can't 100% enforce it?

Your referring to Community Theft that will be perpetuated by haters of Trail Cameras believing they have the right to steal based on an unenforceable law! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Easily enforceable. Same as enforcing baiting, poaching, night vision and for that matter any other law..

Your wrong!

Can a warden take down a trail cam and look in it?

Can a warden look at your cell phone? 

What does he need its called a warrant! 

So your telling me a judge is going to give a warrant to a warden thats says there is 10 unmarked trail cams on a fence because he is looking for one person that they have in a on going investigation ? 

But Judge I have to look at all of the cameras to find him? 

Thats like breaking into 9 others houses on the block but only having one legal warrant. 

GET IT! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1