Elkhunter1

Trail camera rule changes!

7 hours ago, Delw said:

Am I upset? NO, 

no you took what I said added a few words and put it in a different context  ,that's a "typical made Liberal Argument 101".

I never said I dont archery elk hunt, I said specifically " I'm not really into elk hunting I just like calling them in for other people"  meaning I can take it or leave it.

You missed the entire point because you have a vested interest in it and think I am picking on you. Honestly I'm not

The big picture is the system has been played by people who find loopholes to make it work for them. you  can make your decision who is ,likewise I can make mine.

A better way for me to put this is "I hate the Game not the Player".

you found a loop hole more power to ya, I dont look at you any different knowing you found a loop hole. hey it works for you more power to ya, but sooner or later its going to come to an end because people are wising up to it and doing the exact same thing you are with other reasons That are LEGAL. once it catches on more and more G&F is going to put a stop to it or a commission meeting will be discussing it and voting on it.

Kinda like the trail cam crap going on, no one really minded about it until they saw hundreds of cameras on every tank trail and what not. Then Dumbass Guides decided to post pictures of hundreds of cam going up as well as bragging how many cams and how many people they use to check them in some instances.  so the same thing is going to happen with this crossbow subject eventually.

funny how this all started.........  trphyhntr mentioned it, the fiction book writer started his typical crap with trphyhtr, I said what I saw over the last few years during archery hunting,Then the Fiction writer started in again, then you went and proved the point on how easy it was to get one. Then the fiction book writer fiddle f'd around decided he was done and went and cooked dinner.

I admire your commitment to being wrong.

Instead of acknowledging your mistakes you try to spin it. Very impressive.

Lets be clear though, you ARE picking on my wife and you HAVE made this personal. You have specifically singled her out and you continue to say she is "finding a loophole" and "playing the system". That is very insulting as she has done NEITHER. If this is not the case then I accept your apology and we can move on.

However, what you REFUSE to acknowledge is that this rule exists EXACTLY for people like my wife. There is no LOOPHOLE here. She qualifies and followed the rules to the letter AND the "spirit". What you have also have missed is that this uber lethal lazer guided assault  crossbow of hers has killed exactly ZERO animals. So much for it giving her an advantage.

Yes Del, I DO have a vested interest which is why I am trying to educate those who know little or nothing about it that there IS a legitimate purpose for these permits.

Are they being abused? PROBABLY. So are other things like the point system. Yet to date I have not seen a SINGLE SHRED OF EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE to support this hatred of crossbows. Have harvest percentages gone up as a direct result of the introduction of this permit? Have archery draw odds gone down as a direct result of this permit? You have done ZERO research on this to support your propaganda.

Yes, plenty of anecdotal stories, but no facts. As YOU said " making excuse's and throwing in emotion to justify things isnt really fair in most cases. "

I quoted you directly so that you would not state I was changing your words.

For the record:

I am not a fan of the point system. I feel there are those that do not follow the "spirit" of the rules and it DOES affect the draw odds.

I DO like trail cams but I feel like they are being abused and causing issues and something needs to be done. An outright ban is not the answer but lack of ethics amongst some users are causing it to head that way. Whatever the new rules may be, I have ZERO doubt someone will exploit them , then EVERYONE will until it is regulated out.

I am a fan of the crossbow permit as it allows less than able hunters to enjoy the same hunt as the rest of us. If there is evidence of abuse that affects the quality of our hunting opportunities, it should be regulated and changed. To date there is NONE. IF they become an issue, I will be happy to change my position on the matter to see additional regulation to weed out the cheaters.

What do these three issues have in common? On the surface they are all tools meant to benefit hunters. They have ALL been abused by greedy selfish individuals(allegedly).

Lack of ethics is the problem, not the tools. Isn't that what we have been screaming at liberals for years? Punish the criminal not the tool?

I will agree with you on THIS though Del, hate the game NOT the player. Especially those that play by the rules both in letter AND spirit. Hate those who display a lack of ethics don;t shame those who are not as physically able as you and choose a different method of hunting.

I am absolutely supportive of different opinions. Every single person has the inalienable right to be wrong.

HATE the poachers and enablers. ALWAYS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

I admire your commitment to being wrong.

Instead of acknowledging your mistakes you try to spin it. Very impressive.

Lets be clear though, you ARE picking on my wife and you HAVE made this personal. You have specifically singled her out and you continue to say she is "finding a loophole" and "playing the system". That is very insulting as she has done NEITHER. If this is not the case then I accept your apology and we can move on.

However, what you REFUSE to acknowledge is that this rule exists EXACTLY for people like my wife. There is no LOOPHOLE here. She qualifies and followed the rules to the letter AND the "spirit". What you have also have missed is that this uber lethal lazer guided assault  crossbow of hers has killed exactly ZERO animals. So much for it giving her an advantage.

Yes Del, I DO have a vested interest which is why I am trying to educate those who know little or nothing about it that there IS a legitimate purpose for these permits.

Are they being abused? PROBABLY. So are other things like the point system. Yet to date I have not seen a SINGLE SHRED OF EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE to support this hatred of crossbows. Have harvest percentages gone up as a direct result of the introduction of this permit? Have archery draw odds gone down as a direct result of this permit? You have done ZERO research on this to support your propaganda.

Yes, plenty of anecdotal stories, but no facts. As YOU said " making excuse's and throwing in emotion to justify things isnt really fair in most cases. "

I quoted you directly so that you would not state I was changing your words.

For the record:

I am not a fan of the point system. I feel there are those that do not follow the "spirit" of the rules and it DOES affect the draw odds.

I DO like trail cams but I feel like they are being abused and causing issues and something needs to be done. An outright ban is not the answer but lack of ethics amongst some users are causing it to head that way. Whatever the new rules may be, I have ZERO doubt someone will exploit them , then EVERYONE will until it is regulated out.

I am a fan of the crossbow permit as it allows less than able hunters to enjoy the same hunt as the rest of us. If there is evidence of abuse that affects the quality of our hunting opportunities, it should be regulated and changed. To date there is NONE. IF they become an issue, I will be happy to change my position on the matter to see additional regulation to weed out the cheaters.

What do these three issues have in common? On the surface they are all tools meant to benefit hunters. They have ALL been abused by greedy selfish individuals(allegedly).

Lack of ethics is the problem, not the tools. Isn't that what we have been screaming at liberals for years? Punish the criminal not the tool?

I will agree with you on THIS though Del, hate the game NOT the player. Especially those that play by the rules both in letter AND spirit. Hate those who display a lack of ethics don;t shame those who are not as physically able as you and choose a different method of hunting.

I am absolutely supportive of different opinions. Every single person has the inalienable right to be wrong.

HATE the poachers and enablers. ALWAYS

I guess theres no point in going any further as we dont want anyones feelings hurt or to be insulted. Next time something comes up for discussion. I'll try to find people who dont easily get there feelings hurt or insulted.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 654321 said:

Its funny you're so concerned about the potential abuse of the crossbow permit when you openly admit to working the system to get tags for your daughter when she was a jr.  If your daughter wanted to hunt archery elk with the big kids then put in and draw the tags fair and square like everyone else instead of daddy getting the tag and then transferring it to her seems a little hypercritical to me.

to fill you in on reality that rule passing tags along to kids. was exactly that and specifically made for exactly that. all those issues were brought up and questioned and discussed. along with other senerios  like uncles aunts, family friends  etc etc. its sole purpose to to get kids out hunting at a young age to keep them interested.  it wasnt playing/working the system as it was discussed on how to fail proof it so no one could play the system, hence why uncle aunts cousins are not included.

11 hours ago, Delw said:

funny how this all started.........  trphyhntr mentioned it, the fiction book writer started his typical crap with trphyhtr, I said what I saw over the last few years during archery hunting,Then the Fiction writer started in again, then you went and proved the point on how easy it was to get one. Then the fiction book writer fiddle f'd around decided he was done and went and cooked dinner.

For shame. This from someone that writes as if English is your second language. One of my college lit professors once told us that people who can't express themselves without using some form of the F-word usually have an IQ that's just barely above idiot level. It's not tough sounding, nor does it make one right. Instead, it's just plain ignorant & self-degrading. She was dead-on as far you're concerned.  

looneytoons.gif.2eaa9ebdbd2220dd9b5685a13d38ec74.gif

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 2:55 PM, HuntHarder said:

WRONG.  You will soon see just how easy it will be.  

How do they enforce all those other laws?  How do they prove who's bait it is?  

As a civilized society, MOST follow the laws.  Sure, there will be guys that won't, but the vast majority will.  Those who continue to not follow them will eventually get caught.  It might be years down the road, but eventually they will be caught.   

Whatever.. give me one example where this is true!

3 hours ago, Delw said:

I guess theres no point in going any further as we dont want anyones feelings hurt or to be insulted. Next time something comes up for discussion. I'll try to find people who dont easily get there feelings hurt or insulted.

So, no substance to back up anything just more of your misdirection and personal insults. Got it.

Again, you accused my wife of "gaming the system" which I find quite insulting. My "feelings" are far from being hurt, however. I would actually have to care about anything you say to have me feelings hurt. If you need the difference between you "being insulting" and me "having my feelings hurt" explained to you I am certain there is a self help coloring book around somewhere I can refer you to.

My point was, and still is, there is another side to every situation. An intelligent person would look at all sides. I was giving information for those who do not have the experience in this matter so that they could see how and why this particular rule can be beneficial.

Many understood this. A few seem to want to make this about "feelings" and ignore the facts.  Ironically you actually stated that feelings should be left out of it, yet that is ALL  you have been posting, is YOUR feelings and ignoring the facts. How very liberal of you.

So Del, can you have an intelligent discussion based on facts or is that beyond your capacity?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delw said:

to fill you in on reality that rule passing tags along to kids. was exactly that and specifically made for exactly that. all those issues were brought up and questioned and discussed. along with other senerios  like uncles aunts, family friends  etc etc. its sole purpose to to get kids out hunting at a young age to keep them interested.  it wasnt playing/working the system as it was discussed on how to fail proof it so no one could play the system, hence why uncle aunts cousins are not included.

Same logic could be said about passing a crossbow rule, there was a need for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

For shame. This from someone that writes as if English is your second language. One of my college lit professors once told us that people who can't express themselves without using some form of the F-word usually have an IQ that's just barely above idiot level. It's not tough sounding, nor does it make one right. Instead, it's just plain ignorant & self-degrading. She was dead-on as far you're concerned.  

looneytoons.gif.2eaa9ebdbd2220dd9b5685a13d38ec74.gif

Well hot dang, is your lit professor still around, she would be ecstatic you paid attention. ;)

17 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Who gives a fuk about your English lit teacher lmao 

You didn't have to waste time typing that to establish your status as an idiot. That was done long ago. Even the dictionary has been updated to show it. 

trophy.jpg.ace6443d1e22007d5e80d49ab84b961a.jpg

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Delw said:

Well hot dang, is your lit professor still around, she would be ecstatic you paid attention. ;)

Indeed. Even learned that a question should have a ? at the end rather than a comma. Apparently, you played hookey that day. ;)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Who gives a fuk about your English lit teacher lmao 

actually science says.... hahaha

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

so ya fuk your English lit teacher

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JLW said:

actually science says.... hahaha

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

so ya fuk your English lit teacher

Outstanding! Then you should show your mother and/or wife how intelligent you are by calling them a c_ _ _. That should raise your IQ quite a bit. It might even raise a welt or two. 

By the way, that so-called study took in a much broader scope of words than just plain ol' obscenities. It also included slurs and perjoritives. In any case, such language apparently failed to produce the fluency that supposedly results from an extensive gutter word vocabulary as witnessed by the sometimes incoherent ramblings of a few here.

Well, it's great to see this topic is still tearing the hunting community apart. Obviously, we hunters are sticking to our caveman roots........

• Like 1