Sign in to follow this  
My Rights As An American

WTB Savage Axis Bolt Handle Upgrade

Looking for a bolt handle upgrade for a Savage Axis. Right handed. Something oversized compared to the standard to help cycle rounds better. Know someone who is looking and helping to try to find one. Prefer all back matte. Something textured. Can buy them online for $50 plus shipping but not in stock or the companies do not seem to have good reviews on shipping and customer service. Was hoping someone had one for what they paid or reasonably priced. 

By the way, if you know someone who has one for me in Texas or some other state and want to send me their contact info, don’t. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, My Rights As An American said:

Huh who knew that even existed! Nice. Thanks. 

I found it a few years ago after I bought an Axis.  Mods to date include a Rifle Basix trigger and I sent the bolt to LRI and had it fluted. My goal was to have a lightweight compact 243 rifle for Javi's and Yotes that shot under MOA that I didn't invest a lot of $$$ into and I have achieved that with Talley Lightweight Rings and a Zeiss 3x9 Terra Scope.

I have a little under $600 in it.

• Like 1

I had axis in 22-250 243 6.5 and 223.   All with cycle problems because of the long action short action crap.   Good shooters but u may only have one shot 

3 hours ago, PowellSixO said:

Thanks, just ordered one from this company but had really poor reviews of the company, not the product. Hopefully I get lucky. Will let you know how it goes.

17 hours ago, My Rights As An American said:

Thanks, just ordered one from this company but had really poor reviews of the company, not the product. Hopefully I get lucky. Will let you know how it goes.

I got one from them. Didn’t have issues. Takes about 5 minutes to swap. C574E4D1-9689-4669-9ACC-935F4E410C39.thumb.jpeg.d3ecf447a1b1a3e46dcd612e0c316f19.jpeg

• Like 1