Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Reed

COVID Vaccine Info

5 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I treated 57 patients while I had covid and didn’t know it.  57 people that I had my face within 1 foot of and not a single one got sick.  Masks work.  

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

This covid stuff has definitely allowed the average American to show their true colors.  I’ve seen hundreds of posts saying the same thing you just did.  All that does is validate the horrible reality of our country.  It’s all about “ME”.  I’ve heard so many times how “I” have a good immune system and “I” didn’t get any symptoms.  People truly haven’t stopped and thought for even one second that it doesn’t have anything to do with “you”.  There are groups of people with high mortality rates to this virus, it’s your job as a healthy American to do your best to protect them.  I knew for a fact when I got covid I wasn’t going to die from it.  I was absolutely terrified that my mother who has COPD had contracted it from me as we had dinner together the day before I found out.  Fortunately we were outside and wearing masks and avoided contact as it very well may have killed her had she gotten it.  The fact that the average person can’t get around themselves to see that 400,000 people have died from this (that’s the same number as US soldiers killed in WW2 btw except in one year) scares the heck out of me for our future.   I pray that the generation younger then me doesn’t have this attitude when I’m the one in the “at risk” category.  

So I was just reading this and the hypocrisy is mind blowing! Your dumb asss knows mom is sick yet you go and have dinner with her knowing it’s against the cdc guidelines. I don’t care if you wore a mask and avoided contact it’s against the rules you selfish little “average” man! My guess is mom has some money and you want an early inheritance??

11 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I treated 57 patients while I had covid and didn’t know it.  57 people that I had my face within 1 foot of and not a single one got sick.  Masks work.  

Thanks for your Covid service Dr dip shitt

16 minutes ago, NoBull350 said:

Thanks for your Covid service Dr dip shitt

I didn’t know I had it when I went to dinner with my mom nor did I know I had it when I was treating patients.  That’s why before when you were so proud of how you were so selfless with your quarantine that I reminded you that a quarantine will only work if people can start it the second they are infected, which is impossible.  Thus putting us back to using our other tools such as masks and vaccines.  

6 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I didn’t know I had it when I went to dinner with my mom nor did I know I had it when I was treating patients.  That’s why before when you were so proud of how you were so selfless with your quarantine that I reminded you that a quarantine will only work if people can start it the second they are infected, which is impossible.  Thus putting us back to using our other tools such as masks and vaccines.  

Dumb excuse! You shouldn’t have had dinner with mom no matter what! CDC came out with that months ago. Social distancing isn’t just staying 6 feet away! You dr. dip shoot get the hypocrite of the year award and we are only 20 days in! 

Thanks whtmtnman.Makes a lot of sense. Maybe you can correct me on any of my rationale as to why I decided to get the vaccine.

1)im a first responder and have lots of exposure to covid. I feel a responsibility to the public,not to mention my family of course, and my coworkers, to protect them from in any way I can, even if it involves taking some risks. I signed up for that, and I do believe this vaccine is safe. I’ll take a small risk to keep from spreading this to them (probably)

2)the vaccine I took triggers my own immune system by giving it something to recognize and fight on this novel virus, so I see it as only giving my immune system more ammo to not get blindsided.

3)our medical director says in his experience 5% of people have a bad out come. The deaths are obvious. The potential (if not likely) lung,heart,organ,even cognitive life long issues aren’t talked about near enough. And the evidence of more and more long term problems is only growing. (His words not mine) healthy,sick,old,young. Dosent matter. 5%. Which he says is far more long term risk then even the vaccines worst case long term scenario.

4) I got my second dose last week, other then arm soreness, I felt crummy for a day each time, and that’s the same for everyone I personally know who has taken it.

im not disputing you, but that was my take on it.

thanks for letting me learn from you, definitely great info and perspective .

also, yotebuster, there’s no use in arguing with these idiots like nobull. The wall of retardeness surrounding him is impressive. Learn from my mistakes and just disregard anything he says, he has nothing to offer an intelligent conversation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Every one has reasons for getting the vaccine and not getting it. Unlike others on here I will respect everyone’s decision to get it or not get it. 

1 hour ago, dustin25 said:

also, yotebuster, there’s no use in arguing with these idiots like nobull. The wall of retardeness surrounding him is impressive. Learn from my mistakes and just disregard anything he says, he has nothing to offer an intelligent conversation.

I blocked him a long time ago the only time I see his trolling rants is when someone quotes him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

I wrote out what I thought was a good summary of my thoughts yesterday and somehow it is gone. I will just say this. I'm not undermining the science behind vaccines. That has been proven over and over. I'm more deeply concerned with the short time and method of develpment. Ie lack of responsibility and lack of normal developmental protocol .  is it a miracle? Quite possibly but having been in research for a few years i saw  Its usually about money and politics. So I am always extremely leery of something that seems too good to be true. Are we trying to get a "cure" so quickly we are willing to compromise our health in the future? My thoughts are maybe we are.  That being said the research does show huge promises i just hope we spend the needed time to validate it.

Still there...if this is the post you meant  

DE9E3C08-D5C0-4A71-A571-CA46099C9799.png

3 hours ago, dustin25 said:

Thanks whtmtnman.Makes a lot of sense. Maybe you can correct me on any of my rationale as to why I decided to get the vaccine.

1)im a first responder and have lots of exposure to covid. I feel a responsibility to the public,not to mention my family of course, and my coworkers, to protect them from in any way I can, even if it involves taking some risks. I signed up for that, and I do believe this vaccine is safe. I’ll take a small risk to keep from spreading this to them (probably)

Perfect rationale I agree completely This will probably be the reason I get the vaccine. 

2)the vaccine I took triggers my own immune system by giving it something to recognize and fight on this novel virus, so I see it as only giving my immune system more ammo to not get blindsided.

That is what vaccines do but what else is in the vaccine that we know little to nothing about? a concern of mine. 

3)our medical director says in his experience 5% of people have a bad out come. The deaths are obvious. The potential (if not likely) lung,heart,organ,even cognitive life long issues aren’t talked about near enough. And the evidence of more and more long term problems is only growing. (His words not mine) healthy,sick,old,young. Dosent matter. 5%. Which he says is far more long term risk then even the vaccines worst case long term scenario.

Agreed to a point. but he has no idea what long term worst case scenarios can be. There just isn't enough data yet. (I do believe the research shows amazing promise) 

4) I got my second dose last week, other then arm soreness, I felt crummy for a day each time, and that’s the same for everyone I personally know who has taken it.

For the majority of my patients and people I have seen the exact same thing. EXCEPT the 4 patients that I described having severe fevers (103+)  for over 4 days ( I was not able to verify, this was told to me by spouses or adult children of patients)

im not disputing you, but that was my take on it.

thanks for letting me learn from you, definitely great info and perspective .

I am cautiously optimistic. For this reason I have not received the vaccine yet. My grandfather is 91 and I am very cautious when I visit him, Will giving him or I the vaccine allow us to get back to normal? I don't know, neither does anyone at this point. 

2 hours ago, bigorange said:

Still there...if this is the post you meant  

DE9E3C08-D5C0-4A71-A571-CA46099C9799.png

no I spent all day 30 seconds at a time between patients writing some thoughts down that somehow was lost when I went to submit them. 

13 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

That's terrible- it will be interesting to see what the cause is from - vaccine or ?

Using the logic I have see on this thread, taking the vaccine in Norway one has a 99.957% chance of surviving - 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Redman said:

That's terrible- it will be interesting to see what the cause is from - vaccine or ?

Using the logic I have see on this thread, taking the vaccine in Norway one has a 99.957% chance of surviving - 

What made me scratch my head watching that video was when they explained that the people who died were frail and a few weeks away from dying anyway. Well, why are they vaccinating them then?  🤷‍♂️ This whole thing is strange