Sign in to follow this  
Acslate

Kansas Millennial Poaches 60 deer

Unbelievable. At least he has jail time and $350k fines on top of it. Should lose privileges for life but like we’ve said many times, these people don’t follow rules anyways so losing privileges isn’t that big of a deal to them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

From Kansas Wildlife, Parks & Tourism:

HARON MAN SENTENCED TO PRISON FOR POACHING 60 DEER

MEDICINE LODGE, KANSAS – John Blick, Jr. of Sharon, Kansas appeared in Barber County District Court on November 4, 2020. In the one hundred thirty-nine (139) count complaint, Blick was found guilty of the illegal hunting and poaching of sixty (60) whitetail and mule deer, and being a felon in possession of a firearm during the commission of those crimes.

District Judge Frank Meisenheimer sentenced Blick to serve fourteen (14) months in prison. After Blick completes his prison sentence, he will be on Post-Release Supervision for at least twelve (12) months with the Kansas Department of Corrections. As part of the felony sentence, Blick was assessed three hundred ten thousand two hundred thirty-four dollars and sixty-eight cents ($310,234.68) in restitution that is owed to the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism for the value of the deer killed.

These cases were the result of a multi-year investigation by Game Wardens Jason Harrold, Scott Stoughton and K9 Officer Gypsy of the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism. The criminal case was prosecuted by Barber County Attorney Gaten Wood. Additionally Blick was charged and plead guilty to 33 misdemeanors in Harper county and was fined an additional $15,000 worth of fines with Restitutions amount ordered of $17,407.04 for the 3 trophy deer that he killed in Harper Co in 2019 and also the forfeiture of his hunting privileges for 5 years from the date of his conviction.

The criminal case was prosecuted by Harper County Attorney Richard Raleigh. In both counties the charges pled guilty to included numerous counts of Criminal Hunting, Hunting with Aid of a motor vehicle, Criminal discharge of a firearm, Felon on possession of a firearm, Fail to purchase or to tag deer, Exceed bag limits, Hunt with Artificial light, Hunting without a valid license and take Trophy deer illegally. The deer heads will be destroyed in pursuant with 32-1047. All equipment and firearms seized is ordered to be forfeited to the state of Kansas.

KDWPT would like to thank Anthony PD Officer Becky Mendoza, the Barber County Sheriff’s office, and the numerous individuals in Barber and Harper County’s whom provided the much needed information over the years in helping bring this individual to justice. The information provided and discovered during the course of the investigation will possibly lead to future prosecutions of other wildlife violators.

poacher.thumb.jpg.22c13db303de65639512434a98ba5680.jpg

poacher2.thumb.jpg.a31c3b67e1d344492d3f7a3f9436d15a.jpg

poacher3.thumb.jpg.466e62ea5e7fbcd8a7877351a3144045.jpg

Did you catch the podcast yesterday where one of the MeatEater guys had his cabin burned to the ground for turning in a poacher? This was in Missouri.  I’ve hunted there, let me tell you, poaching is a part of their culture, and they just won’t quit, and are antagonistic towards those who suggest it’s wrong.

I will check that out, very interesting.  One of my roommates years ago was a kid from Eager, he told me all the time that he and his family would poach elk, like when they would get board on a Sat night they would head up in the hills and take shots, small town thing???  Perhaps they claim some kind of ownership over the critters living amongst them.  Very foreign to  me.

Multiple  years to bust a poacher....Must not have posted power line pics for the world to see.

Simple ID check when buying ammo would have busted him. Too left?

Where does it say he’s a millennial? I didn’t see this specified...wonder if the jail time was for poaching or for being a felon in possession of firearms. 

2 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Where does it say he’s a millennial? I didn’t see this specified...wonder if the jail time was for poaching or for being a felon in possession of firearms. 

Yeah he is a entitled millennial dirt bag

0AEAF2A8-5F9B-4F8F-8D11-287AE2205AD2.jpeg

5 hours ago, dustin25 said:

I didn’t read the article, which Owens was it?

DB25 a Owens would have more gross inches in 6 racks than there are in the back of that wardens truck ! What’s sad to me is the dude was just poaching to poach. A true poacher not only goes for gross inches but takes the meat. It sure makes it way easier to justify when you use all of the animal, helll just the hides can pay for gas and blow for the whole rut. Like I told you before my motto is 2 and 4 hit the floor!