Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Reloading question

Load development to find your load that works best. Finding someone you can trust and yes you could find someone to either help you out or pay?

Just now, SO I HUNT said:

Load development to find your load that works best. Finding someone you can trust and yes you could find someone to either help you out or pay?

Is there like a place that does it or you gotta know somebody 

47 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

If I somehow could acquire bullets primers powder and my once fired brass, could I have someone reload it for money 

They would have to be licened (ammo manufacturing)and have good insurance.)

I'm sure you have friends you "TRUST" that reload. go spend an hour or so with them and drink some beers, its amazing what can get done.

• Like 1

Honestly.....after seeing first hand a few guns blow up from buddies reloading practices.    I would never trust a friend to do my reloading.    I'm not even concerned about accuracy but just safety.   

I can tell you that when you put a fast burning powder into a cartridge designed for slower burning powder.........Well lets just say it gets exciting really fast.   Do it yourself or don't do it.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, recurveman said:

Honestly.....after seeing first hand a few guns blow up from buddies reloading practices.    I would never trust a friend to do my reloading.    I'm not even concerned about accuracy but just safety.   

I can tell you that when you put a fast burning powder into a cartridge designed for slower burning powder.........Well lets just say it gets exciting really fast.   Do it yourself or don't do it.  

I was wondering about that also 

4 minutes ago, recurveman said:

I watched a buddy blow up a .243 because he used the wrong powder.   The gun was stripped for usable parts and that was that.   

It’s pretty easy to find out a common powder that people use per caliber though isn’t it?

29 minutes ago, recurveman said:

That shouldnt be a problem if there is a load called out for it in the book and its followed, if theres no load for it than you dont do it. also primers make a huge difference in different powders. if they state a mag primer with this powder(usually in foot notes) then use it.

This is also why you NEVER EVER BUY powder in opened/unsealed containers cause you dont know what your getting

Just now, recurveman said:

Let me ask you this question.    What are you trying to accomplish with having someone else to the reloading?   

Have ammo since I haven’t seen much 7mm for sale in a minute 

If you are just looking for ammo then I would just go buy the ammo and be done.    Finding components right now is about impossible.    Then it will take a few times to the range to find the load that works for your gun.   finding primers and powder is really, really tough.     

3 minutes ago, recurveman said:

If you are just looking for ammo then I would just go buy the ammo and be done.    Finding components right now is about impossible.    Then it will take a few times to the range to find the load that works for your gun.   finding primers and powder is really, really tough.     

Where can a guy buy some 7mm? I saw dudes on this forum saying they found powder, and I see Ammoseek has some bullets. I thought maybe it would be easier. Maybe I should just sell the brass 

Not sure where you would buy ammo.   My guess is the ammo will be back on the shelf before the components will be.   Plus, I'm guessing you don't need 7MM ammo until next summer at the earliest.   You will find it before then if you keep searching.    I've got a buddy that has been looking for BR-2 primers for well over 2 months (daily searches) and hasn't been able to find any.   Powder doesn't last very long either.   Sometimes you can walk into Bruno's and find stuff but that is hit and miss.  

My solution is pretty simple.   I buy enough components for the life of my barrel once I find the load I like.    So I might buy 1000 bullets/ primers/ enough brass and powder to make 1000 rounds....depending on the barrel.   Then I've always got what I need and typically I don't have to mix and match lots.    Powder will vary between lots and I don't want that issue.   So in your case.   I would buy that much ammo and be done.   Sounds like a bunch but I've never been disappointed with buying a grip of ammo/components all up front.    I had this same problem before.......it won't happen again.