Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Reloading question

Short answer is yes, it is very possible. In years past, I would load for 3 or 4 different buddies. The problem will be finding someone who has enough supplies to load for you as they are not easily replaced.

I doubt you will be able to find a commercial operation to do it, too much red tape. If you get everything together I can load some up for you. 

48 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m not desperate for ammo, you’re twisting my thread. I was just wondering if it’s possible to get brass reloaded somewhere If I acquired all the rest of the stuff. 

Saw a gal standing on a dividing island on McDowell Rd. yesterday. She was holding a sign that said, "Will trade my 7mm ammo for sex." It's right up your alley. You can do the ol' proverbable  "kill two birds..." thing.  Get sex & bullets and maybe other stuff, too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trophyseeker said:

Saw a gal standing on a dividing island on McDowell Rd. yesterday. She was holding a sign that said, "Will trade my 7mm ammo for sex." It's right up your alley. You can do the ol' proverbable  "kill two birds..." thing.  

I drove by there yesterday I was wondering what that line was all about. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

Saw a gal standing on a dividing island on McDowell Rd. yesterday. She was holding a sign that said, "Will trade my 7mm ammo for sex." It's right up your alley. You can do the ol' proverbable  "kill two birds..." thing.  Get sex & bullets and maybe other stuff, too. 

That’s the second thread I’ve seen you in talking about me having sex and you’re starting to creep me out. 

Just now, trphyhntr said:

That’s the second thread I’ve seen you in talking about me having sex and you’re starting to creep me out. 

I prefer my sex straight just like my tequila. Thus you have no worries. I would never think to take you away from your flock. 

1 hour ago, recurveman said:

Hey chicken little......  The sky isn't falling.    Everything will be fine.    

I agree it isn't quite falling yet but I just got an email from Caswells that they have bulk 9mm in stock. So I followed the link, 500 rounds of "high quality" reloads. $600.

Reloading if fairly simple. If you just follow the data sheets and dont exceed the powder charge than there will be no issues. The only issue would be if you dont check you brass well enough for cracks than you can have one explode in the chamber. Anyone with common sense, has the right tools for the job and knows basic arithmetic then you got it down. 

I actually looked into this after I retired as something to do.  I called a few guys that do load development and reloaded ammo for just a limited amount of people.  I did not want to be a full blown commercial operation but keep my customer list around 20 to 30.  The insurance alone makes it almost a losing business.  Then the Insurance company would not touch me if I was doing it out of home shop without increasing my home owners insurance.  I moved on to just gunsmithing