Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Aoudad 2021

Chef on here would know how they taste.  He has shot a couple of them.  If they can be made to taste good he has probably done it too. :)

Awesome

On 1/27/2021 at 2:10 PM, AzDiamondHeat said:

Thanks guys. It was certainly a learning process. In just that short time i feel much more confident though. 

My understang is they  taste like butt and chew like shoe leather. Supposed ro make decent sausage and chorizo which is where this one is going.  

I recommend not eating the goat's butt.

If I can survive eating raw goat skin in SE Asia (a tale for around campfires), you can eat a New Mex mutton import.

Just got word that Golden Girl dropped a ram just a few minutes ago. Will have to wait for story and pics until they have cell service. Hopefully T has enough time to find his. He takes FOREVER taking pictures....lol

• Like 1

Congratulations. I had the same tag. I took a ewe with two days left to hunt. We were on Rams everyday. Missed one in the sleet and rain and then blew several other stalks. It was very difficult to get clean shots on the rams. Several opportunities never unfolded cause they were knotted up in the herd and always had one in front or behind it. They were a blast to hunt. I will be putting in again for sure..

1311960567_image0(4).thumb.jpeg.e4a92b44aecbf5d24f2af4fe6be23ec8.jpeg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Flashgun said:

Congratulations. I had the same tag. I took a ewe with two days left to hunt. We were on Rams everyday. Missed one in the sleet and rain and then blew several other stalks. It was very difficult to get clean shots on the rams. Several opportunities never unfolded cause they were knotted up in the herd and always had one in front or behind it. They were a blast to hunt. I will be putting in again for sure..

1311960567_image0(4).thumb.jpeg.e4a92b44aecbf5d24f2af4fe6be23ec8.jpeg

Well done! The way the weather was on this hunt ANY sheep is a trophy. I would have GLADLY shot a ewe(and tried) but got lucky and dumb stumbled on to my ram.

Like you said, they are hard to get a shot on.

Looks like you were hunting different terrain than we were too. I like yours a LOT better...lol

Congrats man.

I wonder how Buckshot did. He hasn't checked in yet....

• Like 1

Just got my meat back from Gilbert Butchery.  Thought I would give them a try as they are right around the corner.

We had half the meat made into breakfast sausage and half into chorizo.

All I can say is WOW. Sheep butt tastes AWESOME as chorizo. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Cooking up the breakfast sausage now.

Edit:

Breakfast sausage is amazing as well. Gilbert Butchery did a great job. They are not cheap though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Just got my meat back from Gilbert Butchery.  Thought I would give them a try as they are right around the corner.

We had half the meat made into breakfast sausage and half into chorizo.

All I can say is WOW. Sheep butt tastes AWESOME as chorizo. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Cooking up the breakfast sausage now.

Edit:

Breakfast sausage is amazing as well. Gilbert Butchery did a great job. They are not cheap though.

How much per pound did they charge you?