Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

CZ BUYING OUT COLT FIREARM?

I just saw this !

CZ looks to buy Colt, including Colt Canada

Unread post Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:54 am

According to financial documents filed in Europe, Czech firearms manufacturer CZ is aiming to purchase Colt. The deal would include all of the Colt Manufacturing Company’s assets, including Colt Canada.

https://calibremag.ca/report-cz-looks-to-buy-colt/

Winchester, Remington, and now Colt.  We should take bets to see what major manufacturer is next.  For me, it’s hard to say.  Maybe Smith and Wesson, or Ruger.  If either make it, they survive by only making the cheap Tupperware type of guns.  

When I was growing up, if there was a gun you wanted badly, it was one of those 5 makers.  Now I find myself wanting the European pistols like Walther, FN, Sig, Hammerli, H&K and Korth.  Rifles I still like American, but none from the top 5.  I like Cooper and customs.  

This might be a good thing.  CZ has my respect.  They make guns as good as ours.  I’d rather it be them over some one else that is not in the gun business and just wants the name.  At least I hope that’s their intention.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saguaro said:

Winchester, Remington, and now Colt.  We should take bets to see what major manufacturer is next.  For me, it’s hard to say.  Maybe Smith and Wesson, or Ruger.  If either make it, they survive by only making the cheap Tupperware type of guns.  

When I was growing up, if there was a gun you wanted badly, it was one of those 5 makers.  Now I find myself wanting the European pistols like Walther, FN, Sig, Hammerli, H&K and Korth.  Rifles I still like American, but none from the top 5.  I like Cooper and customs.  

This might be a good thing.  CZ has my respect.  They make guns as good as ours.  I’d rather it be them over some one else that is not in the gun business and just wants the name.  At least I hope that’s their intention.

Remington and Winchester as well as Colt went bankrupt because they were all mismanaged terribly. How does a company, any gun company, like Colt go bankrupt in a time were there bread and butter(AR's) were selling more then ever?? Bad corporate management with no gun culture understanding. Winchester and Remington the same, due to the fact, corporate thought selling bad quality was ok as long as there name was stamped on it, no one would notice. The Model 70 has been great since FN took Winchester over. I wouldn't buy a Remington, any of them, made since the Freedom Group owned them. I'm kind of excited to see what Ruger will do with Marlin. 

Edit: Not sure if the 700 and 870 will return to there glory days. I hope. They were bought by another investment group which usually seems no good but this one apparently has gun people in charge so we can hope.

• Like 1

Good. CZ builds nice stuff for a fair price point. 

Guess I am behind....when did Ruger buy Marlin?