452b264

Portal/bonus PTS. missing

21 hours ago, Delw said:

I see a lope tag in someones near future ;)

Maybe, if prostrate cancer doesn't get me first. On the other hand I do have 5 points in Wyoming.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:01 AM, trophyseeker said:

That's nuts. I wonder if that extra point split in half will make a real difference.  

I don't know. But I'm considering it since he's the high bidder thus far. 

I'm also surprised no one has commented on my lack of a HE BP, which is a story in itself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I don't know. But I'm considering it since he's the high bidder thus far. 

I'm also surprised no one has commented on my lack of a HE BP, which is a story in itself. 

Do tell...

6 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Do tell...

In the early 1970s, I not only took the HE course but also became a volunteer instructor, teaching classes for the following 3-4 years. I still have both the cards and certificates to verify that. Then I moved to Colorado in 1975 and became friends with the local game warden. He tapped me to conduct classes in the town of Bayfield each year. 

So now fast forward to my return to AZ in 1980 and to the addition of the HE bonus point. When I asked about getting it for my PAST endeavors, I was told I would have to abide by the rule as written, which at the time stated a year to comply with the rule. So out of sheer stubborness, I have refused to retake HE just to get the BP.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

In the early 1970s, I not only took the HE course but also became a volunteer instructor, teaching classes for the following 3-4 years. I still have both the cards and certificates to verify that. Then I moved to Colorado in 1975 and became friends with the local game warden. He tapped me to conduct classes in the town of Bayfield each year. 

So now fast forward to my return to AZ in 1980 and to the addition of the HE bonus point. When I asked about getting it for my PAST endeavors, I was told I would have to abide by the rule as written, which at the time stated a year to comply with the rule. So out of sheer stubborness, I have refused to retake HE just to get the BP.

That sounds like something I would do. 

Most if us have probably have gone thru HE numerous time. First for my points and then for both of my kids . Can I get 3 points for HE , , lol

3 hours ago, elkaholic said:

Most if us have probably have gone thru HE numerous time. First for my points and then for both of my kids . Can I get 3 points for HE , , lol

I did that too with three kids & my wife -- all in different classes.  But I took the test only once for the class my oldest son took. I probably had the most sophisticated class as an instructor because I used about 400 35mm slides during the course, many of which I created specifically for HE. Thus, the chielf instructor I worked with always had me teach the adults when we broke it down by age groups in Phx. In Colorado, my classes consisted of all ages, which was sort of a challenge in that I had to keep both kids and adults from getting bored and/or not understanding what I was saying. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Riversnake said:

I am also missing deer points. Sat on hold forever finally had to hang up. Has anyone been able to get this resolved.

Yep, took 5 minutes when I called at the beginning of the month. Resolved instantly.