Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

Kaibab Shed Hunting

Hey guys I wanted to go on my first shed adventure this year and I figured I would try and go up north of the big ditch and find some antlers! What is usually a good time period to go up there? Is march too early? Maybe april?

1 hour ago, UggRedBilly said:

Hey guys I wanted to go on my first shed adventure this year and I figured I would try and go up north of the big ditch and find some antlers! What is usually a good time period to go up there? Is march too early? Maybe april?

Depends on how much snow they get. Once it’s gone, go looking.

6 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Depends on how much snow they get. Once it’s gone, go looking.

Sounds great! Duper excited to find some! Saw some huge bucks there this year. Would that also mean most sheds will be in the winter range?

2 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

Sounds great! Duper excited to find some! Saw some huge bucks there this year. Would that also mean most sheds will be in the winter range?

I would guess those deer will still be where they were in the end of November. But beware, you won’t be alone. There will be plenty of others out there looking.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 10:26 PM, Flatlander said:

I would guess those deer will still be where they were in the end of November. But beware, you won’t be alone. There will be plenty of others out there looking.

Ya, there are people out there every day this time of year glassing those deer just waiting for them to drop. It's a way of life up there.

• Like 2