azelkhunter69

Enough moisture?

I think it could have them healthy and make for some great rutting action.  Too late for elk antlers though.  

do you guys think it will help much for deer?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Coueser said:

I think it could have them healthy and make for some great rutting action.  Too late for elk antlers though.  

do you guys think it will help much for deer?

Deer should be great!   Especially Coues.   Perfect timing for fawns too!  Give the does lots of feed and give the fawns lots of cover for better survival.

• Like 4

A little update on this.  I originally posted because the whole subject interests me, but also because I have a friend in NY that has been building points and is ready to make the trip when I give him the thumbs up.  Arizona is always great relative to other states but, given the choice, I would rather he come out in an average to above average year.  This monsoon season has been awesome.  I think the feed should be great and the burns should green up for next year.  I think the elk will go into the winter fat and healthy.  If we get decent moisture in the winter, I think next season is shaping up to be great.  I will probably have him apply and come out next year.  Thanks for all the updates and comments.

• Like 2

From what I’m seeing out scouting for deer this year,  it’s going to be a great deer hunt. Lots of choices to choose from. 😉

83189172-B5E8-416B-968B-71693CF27D45.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Great Buck! 1

8 minutes ago, deerhunter said:

From what I’m seeing out scouting for deer this year,  it’s going to be a great deer hunt. Lots of choices to choose from. Just have to outdo my son and that will put me back on top