azelkhunter69

Enough moisture?

10 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

wow, you must be pissed! (because you wrote a book!  haha, sorry  bad joke, was referring to another comment in another thread 🤣)  IMHO, this topic has a lot to do with P&Y/B&C) score.  

As far as being 52... I'm well beyond that but this hardly concerns me regarding applying for Sept bull tags!  Everyone has a chance every year to draw tags, but one can be clever about their 1st & 2nd choices too.

& I wish you all good luck in the draw too, especially if I draw one of those coveted tags!  😁

UofAcat this one wasn’t pissed, just a long post with great points. There’s a difference, catch up.😁

12 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Ive heard that about Antelope for sure. I haven't done much research about that. My comment was directed that arguably the biggest bulls in the state the last few years (except last year) have come from the desert. An area with historically low moisture levels but that have age and genetics. While unit 1 with the highest moisture levels of the state cant get a bull over 6yrs old. They have some great genetics just not age..Little exaggeration but not much

96 was the drought year and a giant 420+ bull was killed that lived on the WMAT he just happened to jump the fence in 3c. I had a tag that year and I missed a bull that went 404" but that was a gross score and I never saw a picture of him dead.

96 had water everywhere compared to this year.. 😬

See them eating alot of cactus fruit every year in the 19 units. The antelope that is

3 hours ago, huntlines said:

UofAcat this one wasn’t pissed, just a long post with great points. There’s a difference, catch up.😁

it was a joke 'lines...

• Like 1

• Last year I had an elk tag, 2002, Rodeo Chediski fire year.  Scouted/hunted 31 days and killed a 343 bull biggest I saw in 3a/3c..  I have spent a lot of time on the San Carlos during early elk hunts.  Drought years absolutely hurt horn growth as well as rutting activity regardless of genetics.
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 6:20 PM, AZ11 said:

I heard that the airport up in flagstaff got a foot with this storm since yesterday.

We had up to about a foot total in some areas, but varies widely by only a few miles.  At my house in Flag we got about 8" -9".  In Williams, there was realistically about 5" or 6" total.  Some areas however it was more like 4".  Another 3" inches of snow expected tonight in Williams though, & every little bit helps!

Anyone know how much snow Alpine got? Last I heard it was only 1"😩

3 hours ago, Alpinebullwinkle said:

Anyone know how much snow Alpine got? Last I heard it was only 1"😩

thought you live there...?

16 hours ago, Sneaker said:

Navajo National off the charts the last 30 days, everywhere else is meh compared to normal.

image.thumb.png.c332cb60c8b64f840e4f62a2b5053824.png

Where is that map from? I want to look at the bottom half of the state and different time periods.

Thanks!