azelkhunter69

Enough moisture?

You have to look on the bright side.  We have been getting much needed moisture the last month or so and might get more next week.  Things are looking up all the time.

• Like 2

we had about 6" or more of snow from Flag to Williams out of this past storm.  It's supposed to get to 60° later this week though.

Was listening to the radio today around Flagstaff and the local weather report said that the average winter snow accumulation for the Flagstaff airport was 85.3 inches and after Mondays storm they had recorded 82.2 inches.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 3:32 PM, 1uofacat said:

thought you live there...?

Not 100% of the time unfortunately 😊

As most here can imagine, the rain has done wonders for the forest up here.  I drove through parts of unit 8 last night & the meadows that are normally yellow are all green!

20210728_173421.thumb.jpg.2482f961f2dabf6c9ed7f1b1b90959ef.jpg20210728_174945.thumb.jpg.5adb86cd5e407aab3f9306dcb6101c47.jpg

Some of the tanks are still down/low however.  The second pic is of a small drainage near a main road & not a tank.  This drainage obviously received significant moisture. 

edit----  Forgot to mention I also saw 2 badgers on the drive too.  They were "frolicking" on the main road, but took off before I could get close enough for a pic.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 1uofacat said:

As most here can imagine, the rain has done wonders for the forest up here.  I drove through parts of unit 8 last night & the meadows that are normally yellow are all green!

20210728_173421.thumb.jpg.2482f961f2dabf6c9ed7f1b1b90959ef.jpg20210728_174945.thumb.jpg.5adb86cd5e407aab3f9306dcb6101c47.jpg

Some of the tanks are still down/low however.  The second pic is of a small drainage near a main road & not a tank.  This drainage obviously received significant moisture. 

edit----  Forgot to mention I also saw 2 badgers on the drive too.  They were "frolicking" on the main road, but took off before I could get close enough for a pic.

Did you go by sunflower flat? I bet its full.

I just drove up here to Heber yesterday afternoon , night and day from 3 weeks ago.  The Bush Fire scar is greening up, some of the saguaros look like they are going to make it.  Hit rain at the Mt. Ord pass and was in it till the Young rd turnoff. Payson had a river going through the  main road.  Trees that were obviously stressed along the 260 are looking healthy again.  We had over 7 1/2” here in the last 3 weeks according to the rain gauge . Haven’t been out in the forest yet , got some clean up to do and then I will.  Bring more!

• Like 5

On 7/29/2021 at 12:43 PM, thegunsmith2506 said:

Did you go by sunflower flat? I bet its full.

I did not as I was in an SUV, not my truck.  It probably was though... took the loop from Williams, 110, 109, south of Garland Prarie, & out at Parks.  

Drove around in 4B yesterday. I’ve never seen it this green, it’s almost unnatural looking.  That being said, even the cedars are showing drought related damage from before the rains.  All tanks I looked at had water, one still had run off coming into it from the afternoon showers.

I didn’t see a single 400” bull though.  You tag holders should turn yours back in if you got point guard.

Judging from the cam pics I’m seeing online dudes are posting and that recent raffle bull. I thank the draw gods everyday I still have 11 points in my port hole. 

7 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Judging from the cam pics I’m seeing online dudes are posting and that recent raffle bull. I thank the draw gods everyday I still have 11 points in my port hole. 

Yesterday, I saw that one bull we talked about. He's pretty big. 

10 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Yesterday, I saw that one bull we talked about. He's pretty big. 

The one with the big 3’s? If I had a tag I’d be all in on him. 

53 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

The one with the big 3’s? If I had a tag I’d be all in on him. 

That crosses from the rez into 4b. Already with cows and  in velvet.  

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

That raffle bull looks weak even with a Keebler elf sitting behind it.