Sign in to follow this  
bigbuckfever

Close encounter with an F-22 fighter jet

22 hours ago, Edge said:

My nephew is an F-35 crew chief. We've had discussions concerning the F-35s capabilities after a recent NATO war game.  Let's just say I am in awe and sleep well at night as they fly sorties over my home.

Yeah if they get onto visual dog fight they did something wrong.  This Jet still has classified situation awareness in a dog fight.  That is what it is for.  It should see you long before you see him if you can get through some of the stealth capabilities.  But a F-16, 18, and 15s do very good against them once they have visual but most do fights are usually 50-30 miles out when missiles are flying

50 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

Yeah if they get onto visual dog fight they did something wrong.  This Jet still has classified situation awareness in a dog fight.  That is what it is for.  It should see you long before you see him if you can get through some of the stealth capabilities.  But a F-16, 18, and 15s do very good against them once they have visual but most do fights are usually 50-30 miles out when missiles are flying

Imagine a fighter with electronic warfare capabilities so advanced it can not only jam enemy ground and airborne radar in over a thousand mile radius, but also turn it's enemies own missiles against them. 

Imagine?

Jet Crashes

Here's the closest a jet that was passing just a little over my head ever came to me!  This happened about 100 yards or so in front of me as I was waiting for my dad to pick me up for our annual deer hunt that was to begin the following day.

1978 U of A Jet Crash.JPG

• Wow! 2

On 1/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, trphyhntr said:

Watched them f35s last month a couple times. We were wondering how many g’s they’re pulling when ascending from the desert floor 

I was at Luke yesterday talking to one of the trainers, said they pull 9 g's.  Impressive!!