Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

5th Wheel Service

Just bought a 36' Heartland Big Country that has been towed about 4K miles total.  Has been parked for 8 plus years ... parked but used seasonally.  It is in good shape and has had service done, but I will be moving it up to Show Low in a couple of weeks and want to have it "once over" checked before taking it.  Problem is the company who has done the service on it is booked out until the end of February, and I need to have it up there mid next week.  Anyone use someone reliable and reputable that might be able to get to it quickly?

Message me with suggestions ... and SOL isn't a suggestion for the WISEACRES on this site!!!

16 minutes ago, sjvcon said:

Just bought a 36' Heartland Big Country that has been towed about 4K miles total.  Has been parked for 8 plus years ... parked but used seasonally.  It is in good shape and has had service done, but I will be moving it up to Show Low in a couple of weeks and want to have it "once over" checked before taking it.  Problem is the company who has done the service on it is booked out until the end of February, and I need to have it up there mid next week.  Anyone use someone reliable and reputable that might be able to get to it quickly?

Message me with suggestions ... and SOL isn't a suggestion for the WISEACRES on this site!!!

Where are you located?

I use a mobile guy in Tucson who does great work, depending on your location...there are also a couple of folks on here who service trailers. 

Trailer is in Mesa currently.  Basically wanting someone to check the tires, brakes, bearings ... stuff that could break while moving it.  Also check the LP system to make sure it is sealed tight and not leaking.  

Probably going to try to get someone to move it up there as well, seeing as I just bought a Dually and it needs a few things to be 100% as well ... that part I can handle ... pretty fair backyard mechanic and my son was a Ford Tech for a while.  I am just in a bit of a time crunch as far as getting the trailer up there, and I want to do it SAFELY.

Wrong side of  Los Phoenix for you, but I have been using State Trailer and RV in Peoria.

I have had RV Renovators work on mine. Gilbert and Main. I have had luck with thme but good luck getting it in anywhere this time of year. 

There is a mobile guy in Show low this is supposed to be good.

How old are the tires? 

RV tires change every five years to reduce risk of blowouts. Tires low on pressure will also fly apart. Actual trailer tires with proper weight rating have worked best for me. Best wishes.

• Like 1

Spectrac Trailer in Mesa. 

Edge is good too, but on the wrong side of the world from where the trailer is. 

Wrangler trails in Mesa been using them for about 10 years on my fifth wheel and boat soon to be side by side trailer as well.  Fantastic work and very reasonable!!

Mark- are you guys living in a fifth wheel? My wife has pancreatic cancer and I am thinking hard about living in one at Lazy JR if she passes. Should be enough room for one cranky old man.