Speedy

The Myth of the Corn Fed Deer as Good Eats

Moose favorite , ?

My 10 yr old labrador has eaten a wide array of wild game meat. Normally scraps while butchering  and processing/trimming  cuts for dinning.

Had a large moose roast, which I was excited to try. Tossed my lab a few trimmings. To my surprise,  he wouldn't even touch it. Tried a different scrap, with the same results.  Now this guy loves javelina! 

I was a little confused and hesitant  about eating it, but it was a success and tasty! 

Any and all meat should be excellent,  if handled and processed correctly!

On 1/28/2021 at 4:45 AM, Curtis Reed said:

I’ve had some pretty phenomenal medium rare corn fed midwestern tenderloins straight from the animal to the grill within a few hours!

OMG, probably, it's the best meat!

I would like to say. I'm from Minnesota where the deer mostly feed on farmers corn. I love the Venison there. Spent 18 years eating it. Then I moved to Virginia where the deer mostly feed on grass and tried venison again. It tasted like shoot. So Minnesota deer are at least better than Virginia deer.

Processing! Don't include any bones in the meat, don't cut into the marrow and you will have a less gamey meat. Strip the carcass of meat (debone) and leave the bones for the coyotes.

I'm not anywhere near an expert, just my personal experience.